Saturday, July 25, 2015

James is ONE!

As of July 23rd, we have a ONE YEAR OLD boy!!  
What a pure delight James has been in all of our lives...especially mine.  I think it is safe to say that I love the 0-1 phase of babyhood.  I love the snuggles, and how he needs me for everything.  I love how much he sleeps, and how playful and fun he is when he's awake.  James has been such a go with the flow baby since he was born.  I tote him around to all of the things we do for the girls to keep them entertained.  He is the ultimate trooper.  I've tried to stay on a schedule as best as I could, but inevitably life happens, and James was along for the ride.  He just has the sweetest little spirit and truly is such a joy.  What a blessing it has been to have my 3rd baby be so easy going!!  

In regards to milestones, James is about 3 months behind, and it seems to be the trend in all areas.  He still isn't crawling!  And he is so teeny, tiny...barely on the charts.  

We had a fun day celebrating James, even if he had no idea what we were celebrating, and why he was getting so much attention.  The girls loved making the day be all about James.  (Emily did mention a few times how much she can't wait for it to be her birthday, but other than a few comments, she was a good sport.)






We bought some balloons and took the family down to the beach for the girls to play and me to have a photo shoot with the birthday boy!














Then home for presents and cake.  The first birthday presents are so easy.  I got the car second hand, and then literally went to our toy bins and pulled out things that James was already playing with and wrapped them up...so he would be excited to see them after he finally got the wrapping paper off of them.








He was timid with his cake...didn't dive into it like we anticipated, but he did enjoy it.  The girls wanted to dig in SO BAD while we were all waiting for James to make his mark on his cake.










No comments: