At the end of June, Devin's youngest brother was in Chicago chaperoning a few of his high school students while they were on a business field trip. Matt had a hotel right in the heart of the city, and we crashed his peaceful room with our family of 5 for a night and 2 days. Tranters really know how to maximize FREE perks to the fullest. Devin spent a few nights with Matt earlier in the week, and then the kids and I drove down for Matt's last night in Chicago. A massive new playground went in just east of the famous "bean" so we spent a few hours, both days, playing around on the new equipment.
Then we hit up the hotel pool...of course!
Dev and I shared a bed with Claire, Emily shared a bed with Matt and James slept in his pack n play behind the window curtain.
The next morning we all went back to the pool, which was also connected to the gym. Matt and Devin worked out together first, and then took over the pool duty with the kids while I zoned out in the gym. Then we all got ready and lounged in the hotel room for as long as we possibly could before it was time to check out. (See what I mean by maximizing free perks??)
I nursed James in the hotel lobby and off we went to walk around Michigan Ave and eat deep dish pizza, before spending our last moments with Matt back at that playground. It was really fun to have some time with Matt, and for the kids to bind with him even more. We love him...and we missed Cami!


























No comments:
Post a Comment