This is my older brother Matt.
He is a pilot for Delta, and is very professional :)
Last Monday, February 25th, Matt proposed to his fabulous girlfriend Summer and I could not be happier for both of them.
I met Summer exactly a year ago when I went home to Georgia for a few weeks. I only spent a few hours with her, and loved her right away. She is such an easy conversationalist and very down to earth. As his sister, I have high expectations for who Matt settles down with, and Summer has managed to exceed them all. I spent time with both of them again last summer at our family reunion in Hilton Head right after Claire was born. Summer was such a gem when is came to helping me with my anxiety ridden toddler and my newborn. She is thoughtful, sweet, funny and really makes Matt happy. It was also in Hilton Head that I got to meet my future niece and nephew, Mercer (6) and McRae (4). They are awesome, and have such big, magnetic personalities. I just love them! I am so excited that Emily and Claire will have some cousins to play with on my side of the family when we get together.
Matt proposed to Summer one random Monday evening while they were putting the kids to bed. He said he had to do it this way because it was sure to surprise Summer and catch her off guard. He was right. Summer was helping Mercer read her flash cards, and Matt stuck a few cards in at the end:
Card 1: Summer
Card 2: Will
Card 3: You
Card 4: Marry
Card 5: Me?
Summer said that as she flipped through the cards and Mercer was reading, she didn't even register what she was saying. It finally hit her when Matt came in the room with McRae and got down on one knee. What a suave big brother I have. Way to go Matt.
Matt and Summer are planning a destination wedding for the beginning of 2014.
Card 1: Summer
Card 2: Will
Card 3: You
Card 4: Marry
Card 5: Me?
Summer said that as she flipped through the cards and Mercer was reading, she didn't even register what she was saying. It finally hit her when Matt came in the room with McRae and got down on one knee. What a suave big brother I have. Way to go Matt.
Matt and Summer are planning a destination wedding for the beginning of 2014.
I will have another Houck sister in no time!
Very nice Matt...very nice indeed!

Her precious Mercer and McRae
In Hilton Head
The whole Houck family
Aren't they such a hot couple?!
Josh took this one of them when they went to visit him in Northern California. I love it!
CONGRATULATIONS YOU TWO!
I love you!
I love you!









1 comment:
Yay for Matt!! That's wonderful!
Post a Comment