We had a great Easter! It was the first time Devin, Emily and I have been together at church for a LONG TIME, and it was so nice to not only have Devin next to me on the bench, but I also had someone else to entertain our high maintenance toddler during a quiet Easter service. We bring all the tricks these days: iPad equipped with little kid games and puzzles... several of her favorite books... a purse full of fruit snacks, juice box, water, bread, crackers, raisins, etc....stuffed animals... and anything that I can grab last minute while running out the door before church. She can sit through the entire hour and 15 minute Sacrament service without having to be taken out in the hall, but we definitely work to keep her seated and quiet. She goes from my lap, to Devin's, to sitting on the bench by herself, to standing at our feet...and then she repeats the cycle. It will be interesting to add an infant into our mix in 2 months!
Our little munchkin grew bunny ears overnight.

Gotta love self timers. I LOVE having our family together again on Sundays. Since Devin started school almost 3 years ago, Sunday has been our day together with no school/study interruptions. The past 3 months, our Sundays have been lonely.

After church, while Emily napped, Devin and I made a delicious dinner: Ham (marinated in Dr. Pepper and glazed with brown sugar), funeral potatoes, homemade rolls, sweet orange rolls and corn. It was so tasty. After dinner we headed out to the park at the end of our street for Emily's first little egg hunt and some bubble blowing. We took way too many pictures, and had a lot of fun watching Emily.

She was ALL ABOUT eating every last piece of candy from each egg she
put in her bucket. She loves her sugar...definitely my girl!


And who knew that bubbles could make a toddler shriek with pure joy for 30+ minutes?! I have visions of this summer taking the new baby and Emily to this big grassy field, me sitting with the baby blowing bubbles while Emily completely wears herself out running after them.




4 comments:
Looks like you had a great Easter. Hope you are all doing well.
What a perfect family Easter celebration! Thanks for posting the pictures because it makes me feel like I can share in the fun. I sure love your Easter dresses.
awww Emily is so cute and you are gorgeous!
Emily is absolutely adorable! And the new little one will be just as beautiful! Excited for you!
Post a Comment