During the month of March, Devin rotated at a hospital in Toledo, Ohio. He lived in a tiny little hospital room for 5 weeks, poor guy! Can you even imagine? One weekend we drove to nearby Kirtland, Ohio to do some church history site seeing. For those who don't know the significance of Kirtland, allow me to give a little background. In the 1830s the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints settled in Kirtland, and the prophet Joseph Smith received revelations he recorded in what later became The Doctrine and Covenants. The Saints built a temple there before migrating more westward. I am so glad Devin was able to get away from his hospital room, and visit an historical place. We both love history, so he had a great time, and I enjoyed hearing about all he saw and learned.

Isn't the temple beautiful?!

This is the John Morrley farm where Joseph Smith and his family lived for a few months while in Kirtland.

And this is the N.K. Whitney store, where Joseph Smith and his family lived upstairs when they first came to Kirtland.

Devin's birthday was March 29th, and he was still in Ohio. His rotation finished the next day, and we celebrated his GOLDEN BIRTHDAY last weekend.
Here's Emily coloring her daddy a birthday picture

I made him homemade cinnamon rolls (his mom's delicious recipe) as his birthday cake.


Emily loves dogs, and so I thought this gift bag was appropriate to hold the gift she gave him....a BYU t-shirt. Happy Birthday Devin!

1 comment:
What a sweet wife you are to Devin. He is so happy. Thanks for making his birthday, and even more importantly, his whole life so wonderful! I love you.
Post a Comment