Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Passing the Time

Emily and I always have good quality time together, but even more so right now while Devin is on rotations. We have had to be creative and keep ourselves entertained all day and all night. Our routine these days consists of me bringing Emily into my bed with me for a good morning snuggle when we both wake up, before breakfast.

Photobucket

I turn on some music, and we dance in bed to get us going for the day. She is usually really loving in the morning, giving me lots of hugs and kisses...

Photobucket

We have extra long story reading sessions before nap and bedtime. I could read 20 books in a row, and she would still peek over the side of the rocking chair looking for the next book to read.

Photobucket

We have been on several walks the past few weeks. The weather is cold, but when we're bundled up, it's actually very pleasant and refreshing to get us both outside. As long as I live here, I don't think this view of Lake Michigan will ever get old or less awe-inspiring. I love that this view is a mile walk away.

Photobucket

Our entertainment this past weekend, was uncle Josh's visit. He called me up in the middle of the week, and said he was coming for the weekend. I loved it!

Photobucket

We made brownies...

Photobucket

He gave Emily a new face to play with and another voice to read books to her.
Photobucket
And he taught me some great tips (that I probably should write down before I forget) about how to take certain shots with the new camera he gave us for Christmas.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Emily usually talks to Devin one time during the day, and then right before she goes to bed. She LOVES talking to her dad, and always has a lot to say.
Photobucket

Photobucket
And it was great to have someone to watch the Superbowl with. We made 2 kinds of homemade salsa and guacamole...and I inhaled it!
Photobucket
And right before Josh left on Monday, we went for another long walk.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Another week down without Devin/Dad...we're moving right along!

No comments: