Monday, December 12, 2011

Santa Came Early!!

When we saw a box on our front door step, we had no idea what was in store for us inside. We were beside ourselves as we opened up this BEAUTY:
Photobucket
Can you believe that my brother JOSH sent this to us knowing how broke we are, and anything we could possibly get him wouldn't come close to the caliber of gift he generously bestowed upon us. Josh is known for giving excellent, thoughtful, and generous gifts when you're least expecting them. He completely lived up to his reputation, and then some, (and then a LOT OF SOME). He truly was our Santa Clause this year, and we are so thankful that he sprinkled his Christmas cheer on us!
THANK YOU JOSH!

So of course, with a piece of equipment like this one comes a huge learning curve. One of which I am excited to tackle over the next few weeks of holidays. Josh could not have timed this camera delivery any better! He gave good advice. He said to actually read through the instruction manual (something I NEVER do). So I charged up the battery, put on the lens and lens protector, went through a few settings from the main menu, and then started shooting my favorite subject...Emily.

These first 2 are before I knew how to turn the flash on. Wow, I have a long way to go in learning how to operate this baby to its full potential.
Photobucket
And here's with the flash...
Photobucket
When I take the picture it makes the famous paparazzi sound. Can you tell I am excited about everything this camera has to offer?! And it also has so many focus points when you look through the eye piece.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Emily had a hard time going down for her nap this afternoon. Even her animals weren't helping.
Photobucket
Like I said earlier, this Christmas surprise is going to enhance the Christmas memories I hope to capture over the next few weeks. I am SO EXCITED!
Well done Joshy...well done!

3 comments:

joshhouck said...

You're welcome! Thanks for all the kind words! Merry Christmas!

melissa walker said...

What a great present! I got a camera a few years ago and still haven't figured out how to use all its wonderful qualities. I sure love it though!

Maddy said...

what an awesome brother and what an awesome present!!!