Thursday, July 7, 2011

Red, White & Blue

4th of July is one of my favorite days of the year. We had a beautiful day, that cooled off nicely as the sun went down, great company, and delicious food. We started the day with our church picnic.

Photobucket

Emily has a few admirers
Photobucket
Then we drove over to Brian and Kira's for some finger-lickin' good ribs. They have been in Augusta for the past month, so it was great to see them. Emily was loving the toys that Kira had. It made me think that I need to invest in cooler toys.

Photobucket


We got to meet another great couple, Natalie and Dan and their girls Ashton and Cameron.
Photobucket
Photobucket

After dinner we drove back to our neck of the woods, and walked to the local park to find a spot for the fireworks. They didn't start until 10pm, which is already 2 hours past Emily's bedtime. But she did great, and was mesmerized by the magic.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Needless to say, she fell asleep on the walk home, after a long fun day!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG Emily has gotten so big...she is so cute!

joshhouck said...

That shot of Dev and Em with the fireworks is AWESOME! I mean, PERFECT! Pluse, Devin's wearing a great shirt too. Definitely frame that one; it's epic! I love your blog....even if I only comment once every 3 months.