Friday, July 15, 2011

A New Man

Devin took his BOARDS on Wednesday, and is still adjusting back to normal life, sans studying 24/7. He has said a few times, "I feel like I should be studying...I'm having a hard time just relaxing." Poor guy. Over Christmas break, we went to Utah for 2 weeks, and were reluctant to fly back to Illinois. We knew that it was going to be a long and tough 6 1/2 months ahead of us. We kept telling ourselves, "Just get through the middle of July...Just get through the middle of July!" Devin had the most challenging semester of school/classes to date, as well as the dreaded BOARDS (pretty much a standardized final encompassing the past 2 years of schooling) hanging over his head. I cannot express HOW PROUD I AM OF DEVIN for putting in thousands of hours of studying, and sacrificing so much of his time to get him (and us) through the past 6 1/2 months. He is such an example of hard work!

Emily and I paid a visit to the local Dollar General to deck our little basement out with some tacky "Congratulations, You Did It!" decor when Devin got home. Photobucket That night we strolled to the park, right at the end of our street, and grilled hamburgers while watching a little league baseball game. Emily loves being outside. We have decided that the outdoors is the cure for any/all of her bad moods. After dinner, we put the little munchkin to bed, and watched a movie...with no study interruptions! It was fantastic! Sorry...no pictures from this night.

Last night we went to the weekly free concert in Market Square. Our little town has a free concert series every Thursday night. This week was our first time doing, and it definitely won't be our last. It was such a nice night: PERFECT weather, good baby who entertained herself well, fabulous people watching opportunities, and great oldies music. It was such a nice night. I could get used to having evenings with Devin around from now on!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: