Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

I am now in my late 20's. On June 30th I turned 27. I feel the same, but surveying my life the past year, I have really grown up and acquired a lot of responsibility...in the 'taking care of another human life' department. I have learned a great deal this past year. My perspectives have changed, my priorities have been altered, and my capacities to love and experience joy have been incredibly hightened!

26 was a great year.


27 has a lot to live up to!


The day started out like any other. I scooped up my little buttercup from her crib, nursed her in my bed (single most favorite moment of each day), changed her ripe diaper, shoveled oatmeal and banana into her mouth, and then entered the living room to see a face that was out of our ordinary...Uncle Josh! I allowed him to entertain Emily for a while. Then it was morning nap time. Josh and I ate breakfast and played scrabble (he's good only because he drew good letters). Once Emily woke up, we went out for a long walk. I took him to Ft. Sheridan. It was a beautiful day (HOT), and was so nice to have a person with me who could carry a conversation beyond vowel sounds (I love your vowel sounds Emmie)
Photobucket
As the routine goes, upon our return home, I nursed Emily again, and shoveled not oatmeal, but peas and some jarred chicken and vegetables into her mouth. If my memory serves me right, I think Josh and I played scrabble again. Then Josh took another train into the city to meet a friend for dinner, and Devin came home shortly after.


He greeted me with these
Photobucket


Then he took me to the restaurant of my choice (within reason of course...we are on a student budget). I chose Chili's. I love Chili's! Every time I go, I am reminded of the high school days. We ate at Chili's after football games and cheerleading competitions, always decked out in our full uniform attire (high pony tail and ribbon included). I told Devin about those memories as we waited for our queso dip and chips and salsa. It was then I shoveled 2 more jarred meals into Emily's mouth, as she sat like a good little girl, in the restaurant's high chair. It was nice being out, with my hair done, make up on, something other than t-shirt and gym shorts adorning my body, Emily content in her high chair playing with a straw, and Devin across the table from me looking particularly handsome. My little family. I am one lucky lady!
Photobucket
I had the most delicious club sandwich. I drank a lot of water which resulted in me needing to use the ladies' room. And when I returned this happened...
Photobucket
And I wanted some pictures of me and my girl...
Photobucket
Photobucket
I opened my presents after we put the little one to bed. Devin got me a SEWING MACHINE! I have been saying (complaining) that I want my own sewing machine for the past year, and Devin certainly came through. After I catch up on all of this blogging, I want to find a project to create with the help of my new friend.


My birthday was fantastic! I felt so loved by the out pour of texts and voice mails I received all throughout the day. Hopefully this time next year I can look back on 27 with equally fond memories as I did 26. Here's to that!

No comments: