Saturday, July 9, 2011

Grammy & Grandpa

Dad and Mary (Grandpa and Grammy) drove from Atlanta to Pennsylvania to Chicago, and are now headed up to Fish Creek, Wisconsin for a week. My grandpa passed away in March, and my dad and aunt and uncle have been working the past few months on cleaning out his house. Dad and Mary rented a trailor and loaded up some items from Grandpa's house in Pennsylvania and brought me my grandma's full dish set. We're talking tea cups and saucers, plates (large and small), bowls, butter dish, serving dishes, salt and pepper shakers, gravy boat, etc. I have been creating space for all of it since they left earlier this afternoon. I love that I have something of my grandma's!


So, back to Dad and Mary...they stopped in and stayed with us for a night and left this afternoon. It was a short stay, but a great visit and catch up with them! WE LOVE THEM! We kept them up way too late last night talking. After they had driven 12 hours 2 days in a row, I'm sure they just wanted to go to bed...but they were troopers and chatted until after midnight with us. This morning we visited some more, looked through old pictures that my dad also brought from Pennsylvania, went for a nice walk, ate lunch, and sent them on their way. Come again soon Grammy and Grandpa!

Photobucket

Classic night time snack...graham crackers dipped in milk!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

joshhouck said...

HA HA!!! Dad and his Graham Crackers! I remember a couple times in High School, I'd be up late and he'd get back from a trip and we'd dunk some together. Funny how you have those same memories. Glad they popped in on you, even if it was only for a night. Oh, how I wish our family lived closer.