Monday, April 11, 2011

Georgia Extravaganza

Emily and I just got back to Chicago last night from a fun filled busy 10 days in Georgia. We flew home Saturday morning April 2nd just in time to make it to my dear friend Cari's wedding. What a fun night! It was so much fun to see friends and parents of friends I haven't seen in quite some time...and boy did we dance the night away. The band was amazing, the food delicious, and the company couldn't have been better. I am so glad it all worked out for me to be there. We then spent the week in Peachtree City at my dad and Mary's house before their wedding celebration party this past Saturday night April 10th. The week was relaxing and went by really fast (as it always does). I have posted so many pictures, but I just couldn't weed any out. I went through all of them this morning and have no idea why I didn't take A SINGLE photo of dad and Mary's party! I am so bummed out that I have no pictures confirming that the event even took place. Hopefully I can get some from them and post them on here.


On the flight to Atlanta. She is a WONDERFUL travel buddy. I have taken her on 4 trips with me already, and she is a pro-traveler, which makes mommy very happy.


She was the center of attention for many days in a row, which resulted in some long hard naps.


I guess I have lived away from Georgia long enough that I was absolutely not used to or ready for the heat/humidity that I experienced all week. We took full advantage of the warmth by going for runs and walks around lake Peachtree. Mary and dad's house is right on the lake, and next to the cart path...easy access to enjoying the outdoors. Mary is half Indian, and she put one of her turbans on Emmie. So cute and SO FUNNY!


Mary treated Madison and I to a day at the nail salon. Mary and I got pedicures and Madison a manicure. The foot rub felt amazing....and I've been wearing open toed shoes ever since. Thanks Mary!



Just a fun picture of her extreme happiness one morning



Emily and I barely got on our flight home. We fly standby, and were lucky enough to get the very last seat...which was a middle seat in the back of the plane. We'll take what we can get, but that small space did not allow much room to meet Emily's needs. We ended up spending about a half hour in the bathroom. I nursed, changed her diaper, and fed her applesauce all in the airplane bathroom. It passed the time, and kept her happy.

Whenever she was in her car seat/stroller, I would look down to find this...

Cari's wedding and reception made for a beautiful event. All the details were so pretty and well put together. And of course the bride was a beaming, beauty! I have never seen Cari so happy. Seeing all the girls was much needed...we had a great time!


















Dad and Mary came too :)

The old high school clan...minus a few



Dad and the father of the bride, Al. They have been golf buddies for over 20 years!

Emmie and I drove up to Atlanta one night to meet Melanie, Marti, Jennifer and Katey for dinner and dessert. It was so fun to see them interact with Emily.


Melanie with Emmie. Melanie gave Emily this adorable little polo dress, and it is just now fitting her. I love it!



Jennifer and Marti

I love this picture!





Katey and Emily

Marti and Emily



Frozen yogurt after some yummy mexican food...does it get much better?

Jennifer and Emily


Aunt Madison entertaining Emily. She did this all throughout the week. I relied on Madison so much!



Mary, Dad, and Matt one night

Mary has this great hammock in her back yard which made for a great relaxingtool in the evenings.

Mary's dad brought his violin and amazed me at how well he can play.

Emily would stop whatever she was doing as soon as she her the first cord. She loved listening to him play.

Josh and Kristen







Josh getting a lesson



Me and my babe

*Events not pictured:


Tennis matches


Visits with Mama T


Lunch at the Golf Club


Lunch with Laura


Nights playing cards with the family


Dad and Mary's entire Wedding Celebration

2 comments:

Rob & Sarah said...

How fun!!! Thanks for sharing! Love all the pics.

melissa walker said...

What a fun getaway and a beautiful wedding! A great excuse for you to visit friends and family but we're glad you're back! I'm sure Devin is too! He looked lonely at church!