Monday, April 18, 2011

Dreary Day = Project Day

Before I get to the purpose of this post, I want to share a few pics I snapped from my phone of our little buttercup.


I guess I have not wanted to accept the fact that she is growing up, because every time we go out to run errands, I bring her car seat carrier in the store with us and attach it to the shopping cart...ya know...because she is a baby. She always ends up crying right from the get go, and I end up taking her out of the car seat, holding her on my hip while pushing the shopping cart, grabbing whatever we need with my other hand, and then trying to keep it from Emily's curious grasp as I put it in the cart. While I love holding little Emmie, this scenario doesn't make for an enjoyable shopping experience for mommy. Well, NO MORE! Saturday Emmie and I went to Costco, and this time I didn't bring the car seat in. I just set her right in the cart and buckled the strap. Oh my goodness...the contrast between the hour we spent in Costco on Saturday, up against all of the other trips we've taken since her birth, was like night and day! She was my happy little shopping buddy, and posed a huge, cheesy smile for all the other shoppers that passed by. She didn't fuss AT ALL! Seriously, Costco has so much stimilation even I am entertained the whole time we're there. Who knew all she needed was to be sat up right?!


We share our church building with another mormon congregation. This year, we have church from 1-4pm every Sunday, while the other congregation gets the building from 9am-12pm. Devin and I have a tag team approach for our church adventure with Emily each week. She usually can make it through the first 15-20 minutes of Sacrament (just long enough for us to actually take the Sacrament) and then she starts to get fussy. Devin takes her out in the hall for the remainder of the meeting. Then the 2nd hour, I take her and let Devin enjoy Sunday Sunday School. We walk around in the halls and look at the pictures on the bulletin boards, and then finally make our way to the "Mother's Lounge" (a room with 2 chairs for nursing and a changing table). By this point she is not only hungry, but tired as well. I nurse her, sing to her, try to get her very relaxed so that maybe (just maybe) she will take a little snooze for the remainder of the 2nd hour before I hand her back off to her dad so I can teach my lesson to the 12-13 year old girls the last hour. Yesterday was not one of those days where I could get her relaxed. After nursing...this is what I got...and what Devin had to look forward to! She is a very dramatic little girl. She throws her head back in distress at the beginning of each melt down. And here she is this morning right after getting her out of her crib and changing her diaper. She is the happiest in the morning.
Which brings me to why I started this post in the first place....this morning I looked out the window to find this...It's April 18th, and we have snow on the ground!

Which means that Emily and I will be home-dwellers all day. I just put her down for her morning nap, and am bound and determined to get some good progress made on curtains for her room. I don't really know what I'm doing, but hopefully I'll pull something off :)


2 comments:

Rob & Sarah said...

Good luck with the project! Which inspires me, I should go start my To-Do list! I did already make treats for the bowling night though, so I'm not being quite as lazy as yesterday... love you!! oh, and btw, how do you attach a car seat to a shopping cart? didn't know you could do that. my shopping trips (the few i've attempted) have been me lugging around a car seat and holding bags of groceries in the other hand. talk about a work out! :)

melissa walker said...

Emily is so cute! Sundays are the hardest days--but they get better! Just hang in there! We should hang out and do projects one day. I need someone else to motivate me to get all my project equipment out!