Sequence of events:
We park next to each other, and both have our hands full of stuff to bring up to the apartment. I parked right next to a sewer drian. In the midst of my shuffling things around in my hands, my keys slipped from my grip, and dropped right through one of the holes on the sewer drain top. FABULOUS!
***
"Uh oh" I said to Devin. "We have a little problem." Then I told him what happened.
***
Devin goes to his truck to retrieve a flash light from his glove box. We look way down into the sewer and can barely see the keys under the water. We decide to go inside, put all of our stuff down, and then come back down to try to devise a plan of getting my keys.
***
Devin goes to his truck to put the flashlight back, he locks the door, shuts the door, then realizes his keys are inside. FABULOUS AGAIN!
***
So in a matter of 5 minutes, I managed to drop my keys in the sewer and Devin locked his in his car...and it's midnight mind you.
***
We went over to the clubhouse to use the bathroom, and figure out what we're going to do, trying to avoid any option that would require forking our $$.
***
We're sitting on the lawn chairs by the pool, and Devin gets the bright idea to use the pool tool (ya know the long skimmer for fishing things out of the pool) to attempt to fish out my keys.
***
We go back to the scene, and realize (after Devin strains himself) that the sewer top is welded shut. FABULOUS x 3!
***
Since we can't get into our place, we texted the only other guy we know in our complex (AJ is in Devin's class) to see if we could borrow a flashlight (since ours was safely locked in Devin's truck) and a hanger.
***
Long story short, Devin's plan worked, we got our keys back, and have laughed about it since.

2 comments:
That story is hilarious I am still laughing about it. You guys are too funny. I love watermelon too I actually chop it up and put it in a bowl and wait a couple of days to where all the juice is at the bottom and mmm its so delicious!!
Wow! What a night! Glad you ended up getting your keys! I must say though my favorite part of the whole post is that you're wearing your Tour De Riverton shirt!!
Post a Comment