This past Saturday Devin and I went into the city to experience the annual "Taste of Chicago" in Grant Park. In a nut shell, a couple hundred local restuarants set up a booth and you walk around sampling the food that make your taste buds water. Each sample requires so many tickets. You buy the tickets, then pay for the sample you want with however many tickets it requires. It's like the fair, but the with food. It was fun...VERY HOT...SO VERY VERY HOT, but an experience that we're glad we had.
Whenever we are downtown, Devin stops and looks at these buildings in awe. This time he requested the camera form my backpack so he could take a picture (He took about 7 different pictures from different angles...if that tells you just how much he loves this scene.)

This is a close up of the heaping pile of meat in the back of some booth...kinda cool, but kinda gross at the same time.

Here's Devie...

Sausage and kabobs

Us in front of Buckingham Fountain

I was dying of heat, and had to take frequent rest stops in the shade.

Of all the entrees that were all around us, I chose to spend the bulk of my tickets on a big waffle cone of cookie dough and cookies and cream ice cream!! 9 tickets well spent!

These guys were incredible! They could drum on these plastic buckets like nothing I've ever seen or heard.

Devin trying mustard-fried catfish.

He tried some sausage jambalaya

Had to get one in front of the sign :)
That night, we were both craving some good homemade subs. We got all our favorite fixins and made the most delicious sandies!
Mine:

Devin's:
6 comments:
A little birdie (ok, it was facebook) says it's your birthday today!! Happy, happy birthday! I'm happy to see you're enjoying Chicago, I really love that city. Hope things are going well for you guys!
I love exploring new cities! All the food looks fun and delicious! I love the baby bump, you are so adorable!
So you guys were made for Chicago! That sounds like Devin's dream day! How fun! And why do you still not look pregnant? You're amazing!
I got hungry reading this!! How fun that you were able to go to the Taste of Chicago!! You guys do such fun things :) I am getting more and more excited for you guys every time I see your cute belly!
What a fun day! Those sandwhiches look delish!! I bet Devin was in heaven with all that yummy food!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jennie! Glad it was such a great one for you. What a sweet husband you have. My goodness.....you're 35 weeks along....but you barely even look pregnant! You look SO good. I can't believe you're still bike riding this close to your due date. You must be feeling great! Hope these last few weeks go well for you. So exciting!!
Post a Comment