I know my dad checks this from time to time, so I want to say a few things about my old man. Below is the most recent picture I have of me and dad (horrible, picture of me, but good one of him!) My dad has had a profound impact on my life. From as far back as I can remember, I have idealized him, and have loved every moment I get to spend with him. From playing catch in the back yard, to playing card games and backgammon, to working out together, to talking deeply with him about life's questions I've had as I have grown up...My dad has been a constant source of friendship, encouragement, and guidance in my life. When I think of how I feel about my dad, I always get emotional realizing how grateful I am that I was blessed enough to be his daughter. He is a caring, devoted, sensitive person, and I will forever be indebted to him for all he has done for me and brought into my life. I love you dearly dad...Happy Father's Day!
I also want to touch on my wonderful father in law that I have been favored to have in my life the past 2 1/2 years. Richard is so fun and easy to be around. He's the kind of guy that you just enjoy laughing and talking with. He has a strong love for family and is always checking up on Devin and I here in Chicago. He tries to pack as much fun stuff in as possible when we come in town. I know he has been a great dad to Devin, because Devin turned out so good! Devin has told me about so many of his childhood memories, and his dad always seems to be apart of each of them. Love you dad Tranter...Happy Father's Day!
* BABY PROGRESS *
For the past 7 1/2 months I have been doing a lot of researching and learning about all of the baby stuff (for lack of a better word) that we need for baby's arrival. This whole parenting thing should come with a manual...the learning curve is huge! Anyways, I decided on the exact stroller I wanted a few months ago, and since, have been looking on craigslist to find a used one (they are way too expensive to buy brand new, when in medical school.) The BOB Revolution is a jogging stroller that can be used off road, on road, and anywhere in between. It has real bike tires that you pump up, and shocks that make for a very smooth ride. It has a front swivel wheel that can also lock into place when you go for a long run. After months of looking for a sale, or a deal, I finally found one and snatched it up! Devin and I drove to Milwaukee yesterday to pick up my dream stroller. We got a great deal on it, which makes it all the more justified. I just need to get a car seat adapter so I can click the infant car seat in it, and can use it as my all purpose stroller. I am in love, and can't wait to take baby girl for some late summer/autumn walks and runs.

I am definitely looking more like a pregnant woman rather than one that has put on a lot of weight. Here's me at 33 weeks...
Last weekend while in Pennsylvania for Megan's wedding, I was given one of the most sentimental and treasured gifts I have ever received. My dad brought a back pack full of my mom's journals that she kept dating back to 1976,and covering the last 12 years of her life before she passed in 1988. I started with the oldest journal, and have not been able to put it down. I take it to work and read it on my lunch break. I read it in bed before I turn out my light. I even read it out loud to Devin for over and hour last night. Right now she is 21-22 years old, and she is serving her mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. She met my dad on her mission, and last night Devin and I both read her account of how they met, fell in love, and got married! I have heard my dad's version of the story several times, but it was so magical reading her side of the story. I feel incredibly blessed that my mom thought it was important enough to write down her thoughts, feelings, life's events, etc. for me to read nearly 22 years after her death. I have kept my own journal since high school, but I have a new found testimony of the necessity of keeping a record of your life. I know my mom had no idea that her journals would someday be the only way that her daughter would come to learn about the kind of woman she was/is. How grateful I am that she felt inspired enough to share herself (almost daily) with a journal...and now with me! I'm excited to get to the journals where Josh, Matt, and I enter her life, but will so much enjoy reading about her engagement and first year of marriage with my dad. I feel such a connection to her. These journals have made her real and alive to me, and I can relate to her and things she thought/wrote about. THANK YOU DAD FOR SAVING THESE TIMELESS JOURNALS ALL OF THESE YEARS!!

10 comments:
First of all, you look absolutely adorable!! And I just want to say that it brought tears to my eyes to read about your mom's journals--what a precious gift!!
Oh my goodness! So many good things in your life right now. I am so happy you are able to read those journals from your mom. That is incredibly special. I know I'll be talking to you today so I can get details then!! Sure love you girl! You are looking like the cutest pregnant lady ever! Seven more weeks! Or is it about 6 now? Oh my heck, that's SOON!!!
You look so adorable! Love the baby bump! Those journals are an amazing gift! I immediately thought about how important it is for me to be a more dedicated journal writer. Thanks for the reminder. :)
you just made me cry at work! you look gorgeous and I am sure your mom is with you at all times...i am happy that your dad kept all of them and is sharing them with you now that you are about to embark on motherhood! i miss you...
how special jennie! I am so glad your dad gave those journals to you! I can't even imagine that joy :)
Absolute ditto on Rachel's comments. I miss you.
I was so happy to read about your mothers journals! What a gift she left you! It inspires me to be a better journaler!! Thank you!
You are such a darling lady...and look so cute pregnant! Love you and miss you guys
I am so jealous you got the bob stroller I have been looking at them for a while too they look awesome! That is so exciting about the journals what a special gift. You are looking good girl!
dang you are by far the cutest pregnant woman I have ever seen!! dont you love journals? i am glad you got that window to your mom
I LOVE LOVE LOVE to see your pregnant belly! So excited for you!!!
Love you!
Post a Comment