Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Our 1st Overnight Visitors...

Last Friday night on my way home from work, I got a phone call from my dad asking what I had planned for the long 3 day weekend. My response, "Devin is studying for the 2 tests he has on Tuesday, and I will be trying to find things to entertain myself." Then dad says, "Madison and I want to come up for the weekend and keep you company!" And that's exactly what they did. My dad and little sister flew in Saturday late afternoon, and I dropped them off at the airport late afternoon yesterday (Monday). It was so much fun. I haven't seen Madison since last May, and I swear every time I see her she has grown up in some aspect. Here are some pictures to let you know what we did with our short 48 hours together.

Saturday night we went for some Chicago style pizza. The restaurant was decorated with Valentine Decor...very tackily (is that a word?)

Our Visitors: Madison & Papa Bear

We ended the night with a nice friendly game of monopoly...I WON...but we all had fun and that's all that matters...but did I mention that I won?!
A shot of the nice pull out bed that we have readily available for any guests that might be itching to come! They said it was comfortable.

I woke up Valentine's Day morning, jumped in the shower to get ready for church, and came out to the kitchen to get a bowl of cereal only to find this HUGE homemade card from Sweet Devie.

I had to get the rose and myself in one for memory's sake! Thank you Devin...you are so thoughtful and creative and sweet!

Us in front of our blue apartment building before heading downtown for the afternoon/night.


Madison, Dad, and Devin in front of the coolest amphitheater in Millennium Park

Dad and his girls in front of the BEAN

Our reflection in the BEAN

And another one...

Madison was loving the snow...and I loved her cute snow bunny outfit!

the sky line

Madison on a cool stone chair at the Art Institute of Chicago. It is free admission the whole month of February...SCORE!


Dad thoroughly enjoying the art museum...texting away...

Chicago River...I love this picture of us

I like this one too

We took them to the top of the John Hancock building cause we loved it so much last time we went. This tie we got to see the sun go down. So pretty!



And the the skyline at night from way up top!

And what would a night be without another game of monopoly before bed?!
We LOVED having dad and Madison come to visit, and can't wait for them to come again! Anyone is welcome...hopefully this post is a selling point to get you here!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Um, yeah...if your cute belly is too much for that coat, I'll be happy to take it off your hands :) You look so cute, happy you had family to enjoy the last little while.

cait & darren mower said...

jennie you are so cute! i loved the card from devin-what a doll!! im coming to chicago next week to visit my sister-we should meet up!!

Rachel W. said...

That candy poster is the cutest! What a sweet guy!

Design A-Peele said...

looks like fun! can't believe your sister is so old now!

{Kim} said...

How are you feeling Jennie? When do you find out what you're having? Soon, hopefully! Good work on the poster Devin. Maybe you could send Shane a picture of that and he can copy your idea for next year. LOL