Thursday, February 4, 2010

Guess What?!

I decided to make a rhyme out of this post….


How fast the weeks keep passing by.
We’ve been keeping this secret for so long, I could die!

Very excited we are to shout with GLEE
That we will soon be welcoming in a new BABY!

I’m 13 weeks along and feeling great
No baby bump yet, but I just can’t wait!!

By the beginning of August, we’ll be expecting our little one
We feel so BLESSED, we’d be elated for a daughter or a son!!


We have known for a while, but wanted to wait to spread the news until we were into our 2nd trimester. We could not be more excited to have our own little baby, and talk everyday about an aspect of parenthood that we're excited about...or anticipating. As excited as we are, I'm thankful that we're given 9 months to prepare. I've made a list of things that I want to get accomplished or to make sure I do before we surrender to the schedule of a baby. I'm going to soak up all of these next 6 months that I can, and enjoy my time with Devin. The countdown begins....

19 comments:

{Kim} said...

Yippy!! I asked Devin when I saw him at the hospital and he all too well denied a baby. Shane and I wait until we know what we're having... it makes the time fly by, plus it's for precaution sake. Good for you two for keeping the secret! We're soooooooo excited!!!

Rachel W. said...

Congrats!!! We are so happy for you guys! Thats great you are feeling good and have no morning sickness. You guys are going to make great parents! Love you guys!

Unknown said...

omg jennie...i am so speechless!!! congrats to both of you and only the best wishes!!! so you were already pregnant when i saw you i december in park city??? did you know then...call me we need to chat!!! i am sooooo happy for you!!!!

Chris said...

I really hate people who don't get morning sickness...okay so I don't hate them I'm just extremely jealous because I get it in abundance. Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you!

Kira said...

Woo Hoo! I am so excited for you guys! And I am really excited to be able to hangout with you more often come August! Let me know if you need ANYTHING!

Ashley said...

What the what?!? I didn't even know you guys were thinking about starting a family, that is so exciting! I cannot wait to tell J, he'll be thrilled. Congratulations!

Hi, I'm Rachel said...

Congratulations, Jennie!! How exciting!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Maddy said...

YAY!!!! Congratulations!!! Does Devin remember what he said to me and Bryce the first halloween we were married when I dressed up as a flower and Bryce was a bee? haha

Ashley said...

Hooray! I'm so glad everything is still going good for you! Yes, enjoy these next 6 months-sleep as much as you can Jennie!!! :)

Brian said...

atta boy, devie

Jill said...

That is so fun! We are so happy for you guys! Glad you have felt good! Aug, is a great time to have a birthday! Hope all goes well!

Kirsten said...

Yahoo!!! I am so excited for you guys! I got the text last night and read it when McCrae woke up at 2:00am and I was so excited I couldn't go back to sleep! (Yes he was up at 2:00am and no it never gets any easier.)(just prepare yourself and start getting up a couple times a night. LOL) And I must say that your due date is the best day of the WHOLE year! August 10th is such a great day! Its my b day! Congrats and we love you guys so much! I'm betting on a girl!

Miss Lacey said...

Congratulations!!!! I am SO excited for you both!
Love you!

cait & darren mower said...

AHHH! SO EXCITING!! you will be an amazing mother. we need to do a shower when you come to utah next...:)!!!

Andrea said...

Wow! That is so exciting!! You guys will make great parents! Congrats!

Dave and Jen McDonough said...

Oh, the creativity! I loved the poem! I can't wait for this sweet baby and I know he/she can't wait to meet the favorite aunt! :) Love you both!

Michele said...

I am so happy for you! Congratulations! Hope you are feeling well Jenny. You'll be such a cute mom.
Love you, Michele

Anonymous said...

You probably don't remember me Jennie, but Devin will remind you who I am! I found your blog through Kim and Shane's. I am SO happy for the two of you!!! I am sending all my best wishes your way. Being a parent is the best blessing of life... CONGRATULATIONS!!!