Saturday, January 23, 2010
Amazing!
That word describes Devin. Poor guy has surrendered his life to the campus of Rosalind Franklin. His closest friend all throughout the day is his laptop, and the things he reads for pleasure include vocabulary from anatomy, histology, structure & function, bio-chemistry...basically anything science related you can think of. His hobbies are studying, studying, eating a good meal when one is provided, and then studying some more. We have been here for just about 6 months, and the hardworking diligence this boy has at learning the material never ceases to amaze me! There must be a strong reason why he is the one in medical school instead of me! I would have quite after week 2. Devin gives it his all, stays so focused on school, and yet does such a great job at making me feel taken care of as well. No we don't have an incredible social life. Our Friday and Saturday nights consist of Devin studying until his brain is fried, and then us making a dinner and watching a movie until we fall asleep. But those have been the most sweet times since we've been here! I am so proud of Devin's commitment to doing well in school. I'm so proud of his drive to learn slide after slide after slide of notes that look like a foreign language to me! Yes, our life here is very different than it was in Utah. It has slowed down A LOT! But we're making it, loving it, and inching our way along in this vast medical school experience! Thank you Devin for investing so much of yourself for our future! I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I caught devie taking a nap in the library today... just FYI
Awe, that's a sweet tribute to your hubby. I've heard how rough Med school can be. He's lucky to have such an amazing wife to support him through it all. Enjoy your Fri and Sat night movies! I remember the goold old days at BYU when Chad was finishing up his degree. It wasn't Med school, but it was still school, none-the-less.
Happy late Anniversary! I really can't believe that you've been married for a year!! It seems like only recently I was in SLC for your wedding.
And, Wow, it looks like you guys had a Fabulous Christmas. I loved reading all about it. Looks like your in-laws have easily adopted you as one of their own daughters. I'm jealous they have a cabin! That would be SO much fun.
Take care and have fun out there in Chicago.
i miss you jennie! i might be visiting my sister in chicago in feb...i will chat you up! love you!
What a great little tribute to Devin! I feel ya Jennie! I can't believe how hard our husbands work in school :) Don't you feel so lucky to have this experience in your life? Sure love you both!
Post a Comment