Friday, February 27, 2009

Fireproof

Have you seen this movie? "Fireproof" A few months ago, I heard about this movie, and how it has such a great message. I heard that it is kind of cheesy in spots, but that if you can get past the poor acting and cheesy lines...it has a very great story line. I never went to see it when it was out in theaters, and since then I haven't thought much about it.

Monday night Devin and I were sale shopping at Albertson's. (Devin absolutely loves looking at food ads, and keeps us up to date on where we can get the best deals on the foods we love...cute guy!) So we are checking out, and see that it is "rent a free red box monday!" So we go to the red box and start perusing through the selections and I see FIREPROOF...and all of the great things I had heard about it came flooding back. So I convinced Devin, we got it, and took it home and watched it that night.

IT WAS SO STINKIN' GOOD! Yes, all of the reviews I received on it were true....it was super cheesy in parts, but once we got used to it, we realized how wonderful and inspiring it was. Are you interested yet? Do you want to know what it's about? haha.....I'll tell you :)

This movie is about a young married couple (married for 7 years) and their immense struggles that they face. It exemplifies the true temptations and obstacles that tear marriages a part, and then offers a wonderful reminder of how we as married people can work through anything as long as God is first. If you haven't seen this movie, please go to red box or blockbuster and pick it up. Make your husband watch it with you. It has inspired me, and I know Devin enjoyed it too.

3 comments:

Rachel W. said...

Thats funnt you mentioned that movie cuz Darrens sister told us we should watch it too! I will for sure go rent it! How are you guys doin? You guys look so happy! I will have to talk to you about vitamins sometime I didnt know you worked in one of those stores, thats awesome! Hope all is well! We love you guys!

Design A-Peele said...

Yeah, definitely a great story line. My mom bought all my sisters and our husbands tickets to go see it bc it was soo good:)

Suzy Tranter said...

We took your advice at took a trip to the redbox! You're right, the acting was a bit off but a great message! Maybe you should be a movie critic....just something to think about!