Thursday, March 13, 2014

Lipstick to Mustaches

Last Saturday, March 8th, Devin and I went to the radiology department of the healthcare clinic by our house for my ultrasound appointment.  We have known since the end of October that I am pregnant with #3, but just recently told our families (while I was in Georgia), and officially announced to the whole world last Saturday after we found out the gender of our little peanut.  

The first half hour of the ultrasound is absolutely silent while the tech does her work taking measurements and images of the growth and production of the baby.  The entire time, I am hoping and praying that everything she submits to my doctor will be right on track, and the baby proves to be healthy.  Then, she spins the screen around so we can see it, and she starts showing us the teeny tiny feet, legs, hands, profile, etc.  I asked her if she already knew what the gender is, and she said, "Without a doubt, yes I know."  After we gave her the nod that we wanted to know she said, "It's a boy" while she showed us the proof on the screen.  Yep, undeniable...it's a BOY!  I immediately started crying, as I was overcome with emotion I can't even define.  All I know as a mom is pink and dress up and babies and bows and princesses.  From that moment on, I was stepping into an unknown space...a new experience.  My first thought was, "I am so happy Devin is getting a son!" and my second thought, "There is my little priesthood holder."  

The entire rest of the day/weekend we kept repeating, "Can you believe it?"  We love our girls an immeasurable amount, and do not want to take away from the joy that we have received from having 2 girls back to back.  And I was very much looking forward to possibly having 3 girls.  But, it is such a blessing to have the experience of being parents to both girls and a boy now.  We are thrilled!








1 comment:

SteveandWendy said...

Congrats! I had no idea you were expecting. You'll love having a boy- they are so fun.