After Josh spent a few days skiing the Salt Lake slopes, he headed up to Park City, and I followed...staying with Amber. I ended up spending a full week with her and her kids. I love being there. It is impossible to feel lonely (with Devin gone) having 6 kids, between the two of us, running around and hanging out.
Sunday afternoon, before the Super Bowl started, Isabell came upstairs after getting herself ready. Those are binoculars around her neck...inventive necklace! And that is blue eye shadow on her eye brows :)
Two peas
Poor Claire
Isabell LOVES Claire (who wouldn't?) The entire week we were there, she was wherever Claire was, and did a great job "entertaining" her, as she put it.
She's getting too big, too fast...sigh
"Whatcha lookin' at?" - Claire
Like I said in my last post, my mom has 3 older brothers: Dennis, Loyal and Kevin. Kevin is pictured below. He stopped in on his way home from work, and visited for a bit. I have such great, childhood memories camping with Uncle Kevin and his family. Every summer, when my brothers and I would fly out to Utah for a few weeks, Uncle Kevin always made it a priority to take us camping. At the time, I didn't think anything of it. In a kid's mind, the world revolves around them and fun. Now looking back, I realize the sacrifice that was surely made on Kevin's part, that is, including us in his family camping vacation and treating us like his own kids...the expense of adding 3 more bottom-less mouths to feed....exposing us southerners to a whole new world of the Wild West and taking the time to really invest in us. He would take us hiking and talk to us, ask us questions, and really get to know us the whole way to the top and back. Kevin is a hard-working man, and we were lucky to be a part of the time he took away from his work.
Our week in the country with Amber consisted of:
Lots of Just Dance sessions on the Wii
Co-taking care of all 6 kids collectively
Having someone over the age of 2 with me throughout the entire day, everyday. Fabulous!
Beautiful runs outside while I left the girls with Amber
Lots of great chats in between taking care of said children
Lots of laughs
Visits to Grandma and Grandpa's house (pictured below)
My grandpa is 92 years old! He recently lost a tooth. I think he still looks cute!
Love this man. I wish I could bottle his wisdom and reference it throughout my life, but alas, wisdom can only be gained by applying knowledge through experience.
And sweet grandma. She did not want her picture taken, so I stole these without her knowing.
She is 85.
I am so blessed to still have these two in my life!
Partners in crime...seriously.
If I have to be separated from Devin, spending a week at Amber's house is a nice way to pass the time!

No comments:
Post a Comment