Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Memory Lane

4 years ago today Devin decided to ask me to start a life with him. I am so grateful he took a chance on me! Our engagement day was fabulous! It was a Friday, and I took a vacation day so we could do some of our favorite outdoor things before it got too cold and winter set in there in Utah. We went for a long bike ride in the morning around the foothills of the east Salt Lake mountains. We had a great lunch, and then packed up his truck to go fishing at Strawberry Reservoir. 

 Here is my view of Devin as he was coming to pick me up from the dock with the fishing boat. He really took my breath away...so handsome!

  Photobucket 

 I wish we got some better self portraits at the time, but it was getting dark and this was the best we got. Right after he asked me...

  +
Photobucket

Today has been quite different than October 17, 2008.  Devin is spending it at Cook County Hospital in his surgery rotation that is working him 14 hours a day, and I have been entertaining a 2 year old and an infant all day.  But, I have loved thinking about that special day that happened 4 years ago. What a lucky girl I am to have landed Devin!

1 comment:

Kajsa and Fam said...

Such a cute engagement story! SOrry you guys couldn't spend the day together, I admire you for being so strong,it isn't easy to spend the WHOLE day with two little ones all by your self. I can barely handle one.