Tuesday, January 3, 2012

3 Years on January 3rd

Today marks mine and Devin's 3 year Anniversary. We have faced a lot of different experiences together in the past 3 years, and as I have reflected on our marriage, I am pleased to say that I am happier now than I was the day we were married. I'd say that's a good sign that we're doing something right.

We spent 2 week over the Christmas and New Year's holidays in Utah with Devin's family (massive post, covering all our festivities, coming soon). Devin had to fly out on New Year's Day, so we used the 29th of December as the day we celebrated our 3 years together. Marianne (mother in-law) watched Emily the entire day and night, while Devin and I played. It was such a fun day. We started by going to the Park City outlets for a few hours, then we got my favorite sandwich (Market Fresh Turkey & Swiss sandwich from Arby's) for lunch and smuggled it, along with curly fries, into the theater to see "We Bought A Zoo". What a good movie. We were both pleasantly surprised. It was the only movie that wasn't sold out, and playing at the right time. We both just wanted the movie theater experience, sans Emily, and the movie turned out to something we talked about for a little while after. We then drove to Main Street (Park City) and walked up and down, window shopping and taking in the lights and crowds.
Photobucket
Photobucket
We even stopped in The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for 2 caramel apples. YUM!
Photobucket

We then drove to Heber and had dinner at the Zermatt Resort. We loved it. We were one of a few couples in the whole restaurant, which was nice. We sat by the fire place at the end of our meal and had a piece of chocolate cake while sipping on some artificial champagne (Martinelli's).
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
It was 10pm when we walked out of the restaurant (we closed the place down, literally). We had an hour drive home, were both exhausted, but didn't want to throw in the towel just yet. So we opted to hit up the local Heber bowling Alley, Holiday Lanes. Right after our wedding, Devin and I spent 4 days in Heber as a pre-honeymoon to the actual one we took later in May to Hawaii. There isn't much to do in January in Heber, Utah...so one of our big outings was to the Holiday Lanes bowling alley. We haven't bowled there since, and it was fun to do something on our anniversary that we did just days after getting married.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
It was a fantastic, fun packed day...and I definitely fell asleep on our drive home. We showed up just before 1am...I haven't been out that late in a LONG TIME!
Happy Anniversary Devin!

1 comment:

Kajsa and Fam said...

Happy anniversary! Love the roast turkey and Swiss sandwich too!