Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Half Way

Would you believe that I am still gone on Christmas break? Yes, I am still in Utah, and will be finally flying back to Illinois this weekend. Devin started rotations this month, and is in Iowa...so I figured I would spend most of January in Utah with family to soften the blow of his absence.

I am 20 weeks (half way already), and feeling good. My Dr. appointment is on Tues. the 24th (which is why I'm flying home) and then I scheduled the big ultrasound for Saturday the 28th, so Devin could be there with me to find out if Emily will have a little brother or sister. He will stay with us that weekend, and then head onto Michigan for the month of February. This pregnancy is going by a lot faster than Emily's. Sometimes I find myself thinking, "Oh yeah, I'm pregnant" when I feel extra exhausted, or a little more irritable than usual. 2 years ago, I remember my mind was filled with thoughts of the baby I was carrying when I was pregnant with Emily, and now it seems I think about this new baby once I put Emily down for the night and have time to digest the fact that he/she is coming, and coming fast. I am excited and anxious for the beginning of June to come, and prayerful that we will welcome another healthy baby into our family. BUT, I really want to absorb, as much as physically and mentally possible, of these last 4 months with Emily being my only little one. I'm already feeling the anticipation of my world being rocked this summer, and I'm thankful that I have 20 more weeks to prepare for the next phase of motherhood.

I have neglected the blog this month because I know I will have plenty of time by myself in Illinois to recap mine and Emily's long stay in Utah. Check back in a week and hopefully I'll have some pictures up for your viewing pleasure.

No comments: