Monday, March 22, 2010

Oh...the Changes!

I’m 20 weeks!! HALF WAY! No this is not our baby, but I wanted to see what a 20 week fetus looks like, and found these 2 were appropriate enough to post. There are some really gross fetus pictures out there!











The past week and a half I have noticed a few changes:

1. My emotions and heart are on my sleeve. I get my feelings hurt easily when I normally would dish the teasing right back at Devin. Poor guy, he’ll tease me about something, and I’ll take it seriously, and then it’s followed by, “Oh honey, I’m just joking like we always do.” He’s getting mixed signals all over the place!

2. While I don’t have a prominent baby bump, I have apparently grown all around. My shirts fit fine in the belly, but not fine up top and around my arms. I was really hoping that I would be one of those women who look completely normal except with a basketball in the tummy. Obviously I am not going to be one of those women. Instead, I am just starting to look bigger everywhere. Oh joy!

3. As stated in my previous post, I feel the baby move a few times a day. I try to tell Devin every time I feel it. Like in church yesterday I leaned over and whispered, “I just felt the baby.” Or while watching a movie last night the baby was the most active I have ever felt it. Active meaning I could feel it multiple times in a row…still very subtle. I grabbed Devin’s hand, and he actually felt it once!

4. Back to my emotions…I cried throughout the entire Sacrament meeting at church yesterday. Not just a few tears here and there, but full on water works streaming down my face, and my nose running everywhere to top it off. Devin looked at me like, “Oh my gosh, are you ok?” and would give me sweet smiles as to not hurt my feelings so I wouldn’t think that he thought I was a crying freak! I was really touched by the speaker’s messages, but I know some hormones were mixed in there too.

I’m grateful for this journey that is pregnancy, and I feel more and more humbled as the days and weeks pass by. We pray every night that God will prepare us for all that lies ahead. I hope that I can be the mother I want to be, and that I will have what it takes to care for a baby 24 hours a day 7 days a week!

5 comments:

Suzy Tranter said...

So cute! And yay for the best time of pregnancy! I can't wait for next week..and no Devin, not because of your birthday! Well kind of, but more because I'm excited to find out what that little person is!

Rachel W. said...

Thats the best feeling when they are moving inside you! Can't wait to see what this cute baby is going to be!

Maddy said...

the one thing i really missed when i wasn't pregnant anymore was feeling kicks and flutters. I didn't miss the kick to the ribs, but it was like when someone loses an arm and they have phantom feelings like they're touching something, i would have that for months after i had britton! So weird... But I'm so excited for you guys!

cait & darren mower said...

i wish i had an excuse for my hormone hooplah! i cant wait to see you are you coming home soon?

Unknown said...

text me when you know what it is...so excited for you!!!