Like I said, we got in about 5am, I slept for 2 hours, then ran the 5k Turkey Trot with my cousins, Amanda, Megan, and Ali, and uncle Mike. It was really fun. Megan and I finished with a good time, and it felt great to pass this girl who was secretly racing us the whole way. On the last 100 meters Megan and I kicked it into 5th gear, and so did this other girl....but who crossed the finish line first you ask? That's right, Megan and I. And she was one of those girls who wears all the cool workout clothes that are so expensive, and you never buy cause you would rather spend the money on cute work/dress up clothes...yeah..we beat the fitness-dressed-to-the-nine runner! What a way to end our run Meggie!
Amanda and Kathy in the kitchen putting the finishing touches on the delicious dinner
(left to right): Uncle Steve, aunt Kathy, and Daddy-o. My dad's brother and sister.
Enter me...exit Steve
Exit Kathy...enter Devie and my brother Matt
I L*O*V*E these girls! Amanda, (me), Ali, and Megan. My favorite girl cousins on my dad's side! So many memories in this house with these girls :)
Matt felt left out, and needed some attention :)
Devin and I with my Grandpa right before we dug into the grub! Isn't grandpa cute?
We went to Gettysburg, and took advantage of a great photo-op with ol' Abe.
This is the view of Devil's Den, a famous battlefield in Gettysburg. Many, many, many men died right here in the Civil War. (I love history, so this was a really fun outing)
We played games all night every night. Kathy and I were on the same team playing Mad Gab. I'm not good at that game, but she was!
The 2 men in my life :) Dad & Devie
Grandpa, Dad, and Steve trying to get everything ready for our fishing outing.
Dad about to cast his line. I love my dad!
I got our lines crossed, and Devin patiently unraveled the mess. I was the one getting impatient, and I wasn't even doing the work! Typical me!
And Devin caught one...a little guy, but still...he got the rush of reeling it in
Just before going back to Grandpa's house
We stayed in Hanover until Sunday morning, when we got up and left the house by 5am. We drove 4 1/2 hours to the south of Pittsburgh where we met up with this fine fellow! This was a HUGE highlight to our trip! We got to see Devin's little brother Matt for a few hours. He is serving an LDS mission in Pennsylvania, and we were able to meet him for church Sunday morning. He looked great, he sounded great, he seemed very happy, and we were lucky enough to experience him as a missionary in person! Matt has been gone for over a year now, and we haven't been able to talk to him. We just write him emails once a week. I can't say enough how special it was to be with him, even if it was just for 2 hours. I'll remember that always!
We had a fabulous Thanksgiving break, and made it back to North Chicago by 8pm Sunday night. Thank you so much Aunt Kathy and Uncle Mike for hosting us. We loved every minute of our stay! Our next big trip will be to Utah. We leave on Sunday December 20th and will be in Utah until Tuesday evening, January 5th!! Count 'em...that's 17 days!
Oh man....WE * CANNOT * WAIT!!!!!

9 comments:
ohhh jennie...i loved reading this post. you and devin look so great and happy in all your pics. I am happy you got to spend Thanksgiving with your family... Please come visit me in PC or lets hang out one day you are here in UT. miss you lots xoxox
Matt dog! Holy cow that is so awesome you guys got to see him! Sound like you guys had quite the thanksgiving! We will miss you guys for the annual Tranter white elephant party this sunday! Hope to see you guys soon, tell Dev we say hi!
I hope we get to see you when you are in town!! BTW - Your hair is so long and beautiful!
What a fun, fabulous Thanksgiving break! Glad you had such a good time. And you can tell your hubby that I would have felt the same way about all those toll booths!!
Oh sweet Matt! I started crying when I saw that picture of you guys and Matt. How special was that! I do have to say that I pushed to have the Tranter party moved back to when you guys were here but I didn't win. Everyones schedule didn't work. We have to get together when you guys are here! I cant wait to see you guys! Be safe on the way here!!!
Glad you get to come back here for a visit and on your ONE YEAR anniversary! Happy almost anniversary you you both. Looks like you are doing great :D Have a wonderful holiday/anniversary/visit!
It looks like you had such a great time! Are you coming back to utah any time soon? I hope we get a chance to see you guys! If not, Happy Holidays!!!
I'm so bummed that I didn't get to see you at the hospital when Devin came. I'm hoping you're feeling better though and really do appreciate your thoughtfulness at keeping my baby healthy. We miss you guys!
i'm really bummed that i missed you guys AGAIN at the finch new year's party. I was completely Egberted out and needed some time with my family. Hopefully we can see you guys soon!! Maybe we can come visit?
Post a Comment