Monday, September 7, 2009

Killin' Some Time

Today is Labor Day which means that Devin doesn't have classes! But did that stop him from going ot campus to study and attend a TA study session...NOPE! I decided to come along with him and use the school's internet for a while. I should be working on more productive tasks, but I always get distracted with blogging (mostly viewing other people's, but today I'll write.)

This morning we finally got our BIKES out for a ride! The roads are really bad to ride on here in northern Illinois.....i mean REALLY BAD! But we have been hearing about a paved path that runs north and south of Lake Michigan, so we decided to go exploring this morning, helmets and bikes in tow. It was actually a really great path. Apparently it goes all the way down to Indiana, and all the way up into Wisconsin. Today we didn't get that far, but we did see some beautiful sights. After we got back we worked on Devin's truck for a while. His passenger seat carpet has been randomly pooling with water ever since we got to Illinois, and today we hope to have fixed the problem. We had the hood open, the carpet stripped back and between the both of us we probably saved a ton of money trying to access the problem ourselves. We-Like-Saving-Money. We then (well realy Devin then...) started cleaning up our small deck and found a home for all 3 of our bikes. Thank you Devie for organizing the last bit of moving bins that we have yet to go through.

Which brings me to right now. Devin is in a study session, and I am supposed to be looking for cheap flights to go back to Utah for Christmas, browsing for some craigslist furniture finds, and doing something to further my career search effort. But instead I'm blogging, and I brought Eclipse (3rd book from Twilight for those of you who don't know...which is probably none of you cause you've already read all 4 of them.) Let me fill you in on the fact that I am NOT A READER! I always try to read books, but I have so many book marks holding a place in the first 50 pages of so many books. The fact that we don't have TV or internet at our apartment, coupled with my husband being in class and studying 12 hours everyday creates a wonderful environment for me to become a reader. And a READER I have become!

I hope you are having a great Labor Day wherever you are!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Don't get couches off Craigs list!!! We bought one and, though it was way cheep, we really regret it. We went to look at it and it was fine, but when we got home we realized we could detect a hint of urine from the former owners animals, we just couldn't tell when we looked at it because the smells from the rest of the house masked it. So it cost us a ton extra to get it cleaned.

good luck!!!

cait & darren mower said...

jennie! hello! i just took off your message from this weekend-made my whole day. love hearing about what you two are up to.

Ashley said...

Ha, ha!!! I love this post. I should be working on preschool but I'm too distracted with blogging too :)

Unknown said...

jennie...what a great post thanks for updating us :) i am sorry I have been slacking but I will catch up soon. i lost my camera cable so I don't have lots of pictures :( miss you lots!