This past weekend was a fun one. Devin had his first test on Friday, and afterwards we went for another bike ride. It was a beautiful day! We then took ourselves to the local Dominick's grocery store and went to town on our sale shopping. We are really good sale shoppers. Devin has taught me well. We're the ones who are in the middle of the isle holding 2 different sizes of the same product comparing the ounzes to the prices to make sure we get the most for our money. So, after doing this method for every single product we purchase we usualy make a whole evening of grocery shopping. We had hopes to go out that night and walk around one of the cute little downtown areas around us, but instead we stayed in playing rummikub and watched Forest Gump.
Saturday we played in our 3rd flag football game. It is so fun. I never played flag football in college, and I feel like this is my chance to redeem myself. I find myself looking forward to flag football all week. I'll take my camera next week!
Devin and I have been lucky enough to have friends who will share their awesomely huge TV with us on Saturday afternoons for college footbal watchin'. Kira and Brian moved here a little over a year ago (Brian is a 2nd year podiatry student) and they have really been such a blessing to have here. The past 2 Saturdays we have watched the BYU games at their apartment just up the road, and this past weekend I brought my camera. They give us the nice leather couch and poor Brian lays on the floor. Thanks guys for a great time!

Don't know where Devin's BYU shirt was that day, but I was wearing mine!

Meet Kira (the mom) and Maddi (the cute baby)
We bought a few beef roasts, from our aformentioned grocery extravaganza, and decided to break out the crock pot that we got for our wedding. I have never used this before. We were always spoiled enough to enjoy Mom Tranter's roasts that we didn't need to make our own. But now that we are in the middle of the country around no family on either side, we tried our luck. Here's a before shot of the ingredients before we left for church.

And here's the after :) It smelled so good walking in after church...and it tasted even better!

Devin made the gravy

Also, as a side note, while at church we received callings. I will be the new Beehive Advisor, and Devin will be an Elder's Quorum Instructor. For those of you who don't know what that means...I will be working with the 12-14 year old girls, and Devin will be teaching 3 Sunday's a month in an all men's sunday school class. We are both really excited about our new responsibilities. I can't wait to get to know the girls and who their latests crushes are!
4 comments:
jennie...how are you??? your shopping explanation cracks me up...i can only visualize you guys in the grocery store isles looking for the best deal there is!!! Miss You :)
I miss you guys! Looks like you guys are getting settled out there. Sad story... I walked past the ER the other day and almost stopped to see if Dev was working! I almost cried. I miss you two so much!
Great work with the shopping! I'm a coupon nut so I know how you feel! Great job on the Sunday dinner-it's always hard at first having to make the Sunday meals but then it just becomes routine and it's fun to start trying out new recipes! I have a bunch if you ever need some new ideas :)
You and Devin are so cute. I love that you go bargain grocery shopping together! It made me smile to think of you standing in the aisle, comparing prices by ounces. I do the exact same thing. I shop at 3 different stores b/c they all have their different bargains on different products. You guys are always going on these fun bike rides. It makes me want to go biking! Congrats on your new calling. I'm sure you're loving it. I just got called as the Mia-Maid advisor a little while ago. I really like it, but I get so nervous when I teach. The girls are so much fun though. I have 15 active Mia-maids. Our ward is huge.
Post a Comment