Saturday, August 22, 2009

2 weeks Down...4 Years to go

So we have been in Lake Bluff, Illinois for 2 weeks and 1 day, and so far so good. Our drive to Illinois went a lot better than I thought it would. I have to be honest, I was a little nervous to make the drive. Devin pulled our Uhaul with his truck, and I followed behind in my little civic. We made it 3 days and 2 nights later. We stopped at 'Winter Quarters' on the Nebraska/Iowa border. It was a church history site, where the mormon pioneers stopped on their trek out west. They spent the winter there (hence the name) and they now have a visitor's center and temple there. I LOVED IT! I love history, and learning fun facts about things that happened. Our Winter Quarters visit was nothing short of that.

Devin started his first week of class this past week, and all went well. Of course during orientation week all of the professors hept drilling it in that this program is going to be so hard, and so time demanding...etc. I think it's going to take some time to adjust to the new schedule of Devin studying a few hours after a full day of classes, but I think once we get into our groove, we'll be fine. I'm so proud of him and what he has committed himself to accomplishing. Way to start it out this week Devie!

Since I'm still unemployed, I have spent my time homemaking :) It;s actually been really nice to have nothing on my agenda except whatever I want everyday! I have had some great workouts, long naps in the middle of the day, long reading sessions (I seriously can't remember the last book I read until now), attempting to cook elaborate recipes from cook books we got for our wedding that I haven't opened till now, and keeping our little one bedroom apartment in tip top shape. I love when Devin gets home..my favorite part of the day!

We have met some great people. Devin's been able to meet a few guys at school...which has lead me to meet their wives! It really has been so nice to have people to hang out with. A huge blessing and answer to prayer!

All in all, everything is going well. We don't have internet in our apartment, so I'm typing this from Kira and Brian's place right now. Hopefully I'll be able to send another update soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new adventure!!!

Design A-Peele said...

Sounds like everything is going really well. Praying for you!

{Kim} said...

We're so happy to hear that you two are adjusting so well! We miss you both.

Frances said...

Congratulations on making the long drive... Honestly I'd be scared too long drives are not my strong point. I hope you get settled in soon, it's so nice to finally feel like your at home. Good luck finding a job and getting used to a new city! (p.s. Suz mentioned you wanting to read my blog email me and I'll gladly add you to the list of readers! fnegbert (at) gmail

Unknown said...

jennie...so i am so happy everything is going well with you and i hope things will work out job wise :) i sure they will!!! I tried calling you on friday...keep me posted!

Ashley said...

Yay! Thanks for the update! It sounds like things are going well. I am so happy for you and Devin. I have to admit I am very nervous for when Jeff starts school-getting into the studying groove too :( But it's all worth it!!!! Love you!