Yep...we're moving to Chicago...and soon! After much anticipation, long hours of decision making, and a $500 deposit...we're moving to Chicago. Devin was accepted to the Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine of Rosalind Franklin. He starts orientation August 11th, and our plan is to hit the round, east bound, on August 4th. Thats exactly 4 weeks from today! We're really excited, really nervous, and really relieved to know what our future holds in the career department. After he graduates, in 4 years, we'll have 2-3 years of residency...not sure where that will be, but we're hoping for Utah!
Aside for our aforementioned news, I really want to record some recent happenings. This post is going to be long, picture-less, and probably boring for most of you. For those of you who are bored and need something to pass time...please read on :)
My Birthday!
June 30, 1984 = 25 years ago. Last tuesday I took the day off work, and Devin showered me with gifts and planned activities all day. We got up pretty early and went for a 2 hour bike ride around Sandy, draper, and Suncrest. We've done this particular route before, but it takes some time (and energy) and Devin knew how much I wanted to do it again. I loved it! Beautiful day, beautiful way to start. We got ourselves showered and ready to go to Snowbird, and as I was coming into the kitchen, Devin had a display of all of my favorite fruits laid out on the counter. Cantelope, cherries, pineapple, bananas, strawberries....he cut them all up, and put them in plastic bags so we could take it with us up to Snowbird. HOW SWEET! We bought all day passes to Snowbird which included access to the alpine slide, zipline, tram, rock climbing wall, mechanical bull, and all the moose one could ever want to see! We played our little hearts out...felt like kids...and had a great fruit and turkey wrap picnic at the top of highest point at Snowbird. It was fantastic. Next I really wanted to go look at houses. This is something I love...driving aroud and looking/admiring/critiquing houses that are not my own, but some day wish to own. We went all over Suncrest, and near the Draper Temple...I LOVED IT! And to top it all off, Devin made me my favorite dinner: grilled salmon, garlic mashed potatoes, broccoli, edamame, grilled pineapple, and homemade chocolate ice cream!!!! I was in hog heaven! Devin got me a lot of gifts...my favorite being a new tennis racquet and tennis balls. THANK YOU DEVIN...25 WAS A GREAT BIRTHDAY!
4th of July Weekend
The Tranter clan got to spend the holiday weekend at the newly finished mountain cabin...just minutes east of Park City. Oh man...this cabin is so stinkin' nice! It doesn't feel like a cabin...more like a really nice mountain hotel. It's so nice, and we were so spoiled to get to go. We were lazy, ate junk, watched movies, played games, took a spin on the 4-wheeler, and really just had a great time with the family. Thank you Mom and Dad Tranter for making it all possible! On the actual 4th of July, Devin, Dave, Rob, Sarah, and I got up really early, drove ourselves to Riverton (in Salt Lake) and rode in the annual Tour De Riverton 25 mile bike ride. We all finished and headed back up to the cabin until Sunday late afternoon. Before heading back to Salt Lake, Devin and I decided to visit my Pace family in Wanship. LOVE THEM!
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
What exciting news!! Chicago is supposed to be amazing!
Congrats on Chicago! It's a great city!
Reading about your amazing life really makes me miss you Jennie. You look so beautiful and happy. Your Hawaiian honeymoon looks amazing!!! You're missed in Atlanta and I hope to see you soon. I love you and best wishes on your journey to Chicago!
I loved the update! No need for pictures :) Devin is so thoughtful! Isn't it nice to be married to someone romantic? You deserve it!
WOOT WOOT!! for new adventures....Life sounds grand for you!
Happy Happy Birthday! Congrats on the decision to move and all, but I'm sorry we'll miss you! We come out on the 9th... I hope all goes well! Good luck!
Hey Jennie- Here is our blog address
conleyfamilyblog.blogspot.com
Post a Comment