Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Backtracking

When I was uploading our Hawaii pictures, I realized all the other pictures and events that I haven not yet documented...and I do believe that they are blog worthy. So in efforts to keep up a good record of Devin and Jennie happenings, I'm going to back track to Memorial Day weekend, and a few Tranter (and McD) family gatherings.
On May 22nd, we went to Dave and Suzy's for a BBQ in honor of Dave's 28th birthday. The food was amazing. My hamburger was so loaded...the fixins always make the hamburger if you ask me. The company was wonderful, and I had a great time playing with my nephews and niece. It's strange sometimes to think that I'm an auntie. Jack and Lucy finally played with me for longer than 2 minutes (usually they cry for mom or dad really early into our interaction together.) Thanks Dave for having a birthday, and giving us another excuse to get together!
Jenny is due to have her 4th child in July...I thought this picture is a preview of what her life will be extremely soon!

Ma and Pa

Blurry, but from left to right: Knox, Lucy, and Jack...Sam made one of these pictures, but Knox's towel had flown wide open, and I didn't think Suzy would appreciate me throwing Knox's business up on the world wide web!

Mamma and baby

Devin wanted s'mores so bad, he was determined to get that fire going.

Yes, I'm that one who likes taking posed pictures...corny at the time, but so cute after, right?!

This one really had everyone laughing...I requested a couple's kiss picture, which turned out like this...

For Memorial Day, Devin and I got up early and biked up Mill Creek Canyon. We have been doing this same route about 2 or 3 times a week for the past 4 or 5 weeks. We love it! The scenery is breathtaking. I often find myself realizing just how lucky we are to live in such a beautiful place, with beautiful outdoors right in our back yard...literally! After the bike ride, we packed up our fishing gear, and then headed to Wanship/Coalville. Since it was Memorial Day it was only fitting that we stopped by my mom's grave in Wanship to plant some pretty red flowers. The cemetery is all dirt...nothing will grow there...so it was nice to have some color around her headstone (they probably died the next day, but at least we got some pictures out of it.) Grandma and Grandpa surprised us and met us there, and then gave us a tour of the whole cemetery and all the people who I'm related to. My grandpa has done this several times before, but it's always fascinating to go back around, see the dates on the headstones, and think about those people's lives. I know that sounds morbid...but cemeteries have always felt like a history museum to me. Ok...so we broke away from Grandpa's stories, and made our way to the weber river in Coalville to fish for a few hours. Devin was the only one to catch one. I swear, between ice fishing and this first summer fishing outing...I am beginning to loose my patience. The fish don't bite my bait! We then headed back to Salt Lake and over to Sandy to have a family BBQ at mom and dad Tranter's house. How perfect of a day off work does that sound? I know...pretty stinkin' perfect!

Devin and I planted the flowers that have wet ground around them. Grandma and Grandpa had already decorated the rest.

I'm still waiting to catch one that never came :(

This is the moment when Devin caught the only fish

I love this one...Jack started going for the marshmellows once the doritos got old.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

jennie...i love that you went to your mom's grave and how your grand parents surprised you :) you have an adorable and fun family...now i want some smores too!!!

Kirsten said...

So fun Jennie! You guys are so adventurous I love it! I am so jealous of your Hawaii trip! Your pictures are gorgeous! Keep up the good bloggin! Love you guys

Ashley said...

I love the picture at the top of your blog and I love hearing about all of the biking you and Devin do. Jeff and I decided to buy each other bikes for our birthday/christmas presents! You've inspired me :) I can't wait to see you next month