Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Weekend with the Houck's

Devin and I had a nice weekend with my family. Dev had an interview in Chicago last Thursday, and then flew down to Atlanta where he spent some quality one on one time with my old man until I arrived late Friday afternoon. We went to a Braves game (which they won in the bottom of the 9th inning), had breakfast with my mom, went to Michael's prom picture gathering, ate some delicious $5 foot long subs, took a nice long stroll around lake Peachtree, played cards and rummikub with dad and Madison, and had an interesting time getting back to Salt Lake (well...Devin that is). Since my dad is a pilot, he is able to give Devin buddy passes. While they are a benefit, and nice to have....they can be the ultimate curse as well. Sometimes they work in your favor, and other times they cause one to spend 2 1/2 days and 2 nights in the Atlanta airport bored out of his mind, hungry for real food, tired and achy from not being able to sleep well on the chairs at the gate, and absolutely dreading the next time he might have to fly. This was Devin experience. I got right on the first flight we tried for Sunday afternoon...but Devin didn't have the same luck. He showed up to Salt Lake yesterday afternoon...2 1/2 days after I left him. I missed him, and am glad he is back and in the normal world! I'm sorry Devie :(

Picnic before the Braves game


Mikey and his date


Michael LOVES Batman...so he coordinated his outfit accordingly. And gosh...Madison just doesn't stop growing up! She looks so old, definitely not a little girl like how I remember her.
We were driving and saw this little guy in the road. Devin had never seen a turtle in real life before...had to capture it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely amazing post Jennie! Your such a good and dedicated blogger. Minus a couple of the 5 days, the trip was awesome! Love you sweet girl!
-your loving husband

Now you can't say I never comment

Ashley said...

What a fun little trip! I love the batman tux! Good luck with the interviews Devin!

Anonymous said...

How did the interview go?? You guys look like your loving married life!