Today is day 4 of being a married couple. I wish I had pictures of the wedding day, but know that I will post them as soon as I get the negatives from our photographer...so check back often :)
Saturday was wonderful. Everything went exactly according to plan, and turned out just the way I had envisioned it to. My family flew in from Atlanta and Philadelphia, Devin's family came from all over as well, and our wedding day was so special and a definitely a day Devin and I will always remember (it would help if we had pictures and our wedding video to re-live the day) but it's all so fresh in our minds. We've been talking about all the details none stop. The day was gorgeous. It snowed so hard the night before, but cleared up, with brillant blue skies, and freshly fallen snow around the temple. It was beautiful. And it was also FREAKING FREEZING!! Devin and I met at the temple at 1pm to take our couple pictures around Temple Square with our photographer (who was a dream might I add...her name is Terra Cooper and her business is called Magnifique Photography. I recommend her to anyone!) So we got outside and it was so freezing. You'll probably be able to tell in the pictures. The wind was blowing, my veil was all over the place, and my lip stick started smearing on me and devin cause we couldn't stop kissing...HA! We weren't out there for very long, and hopefully she got some good shots. There is no repeat...so lets just cross our fingers.
We finished pictures and headed to the temple about 2:25pm. We had to do some paper work (marriage license and stuff) and then we waited for a little bit before we were married at 3:40. It was a special ceremony that brought tears to my eyes several times (no worries...the make up held up nicely..haha). After the ceremony Devin and I and our guests braved the cold again, and took group pictures outside the temple, and then we made our way to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building where our dinner/reception room was so incredibly decorated it made me so happy to see it all come together. For those of you who were there and witnessed it, I hope I'm speaking for all of us when I say that the whole room was so elegant and beautiful. I LOVED IT! How I had envisioned it in my head, was really how it looked. My good friend Heidi did all the set up, and I owe her so much for it! I know it was not easy or convenient. THANK YOU HEIDI!!! The dinner was tasty, the guests were great to talk to, the traditional wedding activities (ie: cutting the cake, first dance, throwing the bouquet and garder) were so fun. How many times have I seen brides in movies and real life do all of those things? And how fun it was to be the one to participate in it for myself.
Devin was wonderful, and the perfect groom. He looked so stinkin sharp in his black tux. Oh my goodness...I love that man!
Our wedding day was a huge success, and I'm so thankful that Devin and I found each other when we did, and held on till the alter. Thanks to all of you who helped and came to the wedding! You made it that much more special :)
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am sooooooo happy for the two of you!!! It sounded like everything was perfect! I can't wait to see some pictures-I hear you were a gorgeous bride!!!
My dad said it was a very nice day, cold, but good! He said it was nice to see your dad and everyone. I wish I could have been there! Congratulations!!!
Jen! You looked so gorgeous that day I loved, LOVED your dress it was so pretty and elegant. The dinner was awesome!! Everything looked so great! I cant wait to see your pics!! Your wedding video was way cute! Congrats to the both of you! We love you guys!
Jen and Dev.. Wow! What a beautiful day you picked! It was such a perfect day and I hope everything went well. The dinner was so great. The program at dinner made me cry so many times. Very tender. You guys are perfect for each other. Love you guys!
Post a Comment