And off she goes into the world. She was so ready to start school, and I am thankful that she has something to do every morning that stimulates and entertains her way more than I ever can. She is loving her new routine, except the waking up early part. Getting this one out of bed is my first battle every morning. Once she's up, she is focused and organized and thorough to make sure she is completely prepared and ready to go for that day. The kids and I load up in the van and drive her to school by 7:45am...and we pick her up at 11:30am. I so wish she was a full day student, but it costs an extra $5000 for the year...for kindergarten! All of the curriculum is jammed into the morning time when the half-dayers are there. The afternoon is much more relaxed and offers more time to play and craft and have social interaction...and that is the part that Emily misses out on...the fun part. She doesn't know what she's missing, but I do, and I feel sad about it.
She picked out her outfit for her first day. I think she is so beautiful!
How many pictures can I take of this same precious girl, documenting the same day??
The school put this sign in our front lawn a week before school started. Emily loved it!
Before walking through the doors
Putting her "wellness shoes" by her name tag.
(new term for P.E.)
Mrs. Ross
Leaving my baby in that great big kindergarten classroom!
The supportive siblings who walked her to school to see her off.

No comments:
Post a Comment