Monday, June 15, 2015

THREE Year Old Claire!

Oh this little cutie pie.  Our Claire Bear.  She is so so fun, easy going and full of smiles and laughs.
Every morning, for about the past 6 months, I wake up to a tiny little Claire Bear quietly standing at the side of my bed.  The first image I see is Claire's sweet face; her tousled, blonde curls covering the right side of her face, with her middle two fingers stuck in her mouth as she holds her blankie over her mouth with her other hand.  And those eyes, oh those blue-grey eyes staring at me as I begin to open mine.  Once our eyes meet, she realizes I'm awake, her face lights up, she climbs onto my bed and cozies under the covers with me while she continues to suck her fingers with her blanket.  The house is quiet; the morning is early and Claire and I have our special time together, just us.  Of course after a few minutes of snuggling and asking her how she slept and if she had any dreams, she requests her morning beverage {sippy cup of milk} with her morning entertainment {playing with my phone}.

Claire is pure joy, pure innocence, pure sweetness.  She has a willingness to and desire to do good and be obedient, and the only time I get onto her is when her short attention span gets the best of her and she gets side tracked during a task I have given her.  After asking her to doing something, she will say, "ok mom" or "uh huh" or "yes ma'am"...and happily set out to do what I ask, and I will watch her walk/run/skip off only to almost immediately find something that catches her eye to stop and examine or play with.  She is curious and imaginative.  

Claire is a pure joy to have in our home.  Her laugh is infectious and she has the funniest facial expressions.  Now that she is 3, she is old enough for so many park district classes.  This past year she was such a good sport being a spectator of Emily's gymnastics, ballet and preschool...and now this year I'm enrolling her in all of that as well.  It will be so fun to watch her grow and develop and interact socially.  I know she will do and be great!  Love my little Claire Bear so much!

Her actual birthday fell on a Saturday this year, which was so nice to have Devin have the whole day off so we could spoil her and have a fun family day.   We took the kids to Monkey Joe's and they ABSOLUTELY LOVED it!

I had fun decorating our little eating area and making Claire's cake.  Birthdays are so much fun! I am posting way too many pictures, but I just can't delete any of these, and want them for memory's sake.













































2 comments:

joshhouck said...

Cute little sucker!! She's such a happy kid. Good job on the birthday decorations!

Marianne said...

I love how you make birthdays so over-the-top special! What a wonderful way to celebrate the important life of each child in your family. Love you!