Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Peas and Carrots

Halloween was so fun for my little carrots and pea pod.  I wanted James and the girls to have costumes that complimented each other, and I already had James' costume...so what goes with a pea pod better than carrots, right?  That's what I thought too.  And when I asked the girls if they would like me to make them carrot costumes, they were very excited about it.  Win/win.  I usually enjoy sewing, but I put this project off until the very last minute and had to stay up really late two nights in a row to have the costumes ready on time.  Once I put them on these little girls, the late nights were well worth it.    




Family night pumpkin carving.  They loved pulling the "guts" out of the inside.














And then trick or treating night came and they were professionals.  It was so cold.  My hands were stiff icicles, but these little carrots ran from house to house, giggling and filling their buckets with candy.  I don't know what is better:  Halloween as a child or Halloween as an adult with children.  So fun to watch them.




Hudson was the cutest little astronaut, and Brielle was an elephant.

1 comment:

Kajsa and Fam said...

Too cute! Love their excitement! Nice job on those cute costumes