Thursday, September 18, 2014

Emily Turns 4



Emily is 4!
Her birthday was August 17th.  
She is the age that I was when my mom died.  
I look at her and realize how short a time I got with my mom, and her with me.  Oh how thankful I am for every day that I get to be a mom to my kids.  If I could only remember the grand picture...the grand plan in those times where I loose my patience and perspective in the moments where I make small mishaps of our routine day become bigger deals than they need to be.  I have the best and sweetest kids and I am so lucky!  
Emily has sure blossomed this past year and is really becoming such a well spoken and friendly little girl.  She is learning and growing and understanding more and more, and I can really count on her for help around the house and with Claire and James.  I love this girl and can't imagine my life without her.

Her birthday was on a Sunday, so we celebrated it all weekend.  Grammy and Grandpa were in town Friday and Saturday and we celebrated with them before they left Saturday afternoon.  Saturday evening we took the girls bowling for the first time.  They loved it, and James slept the whole time.  Success!  Sunday morning Devin made them a pancake breakfast before church and then we had the traditional cake and presents after church.  













































No comments: