Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A New Decade...I'm 30!

How about that...I'm 30!

And I'm happy about the new decade I'm entering.  I think it's going to be the best yet!  My 20's were great too.  I had A LOT of change in A LOT of areas between 20-30.  I went from being a junior at the University of Georgia to being a mom to almost 3 kids in Illinois!  I feel proud of what I did with my last decade, and looking ahead, I feel my next one is bright with new beginnings once our little family moves on from Medical School/Residency in 2 years.  

Yesterday, my 30th birthday, was really fantastic, and I didn't even see it coming.  It was the first day of Devin's 2nd year of residency (Hallelujah!!) and he had a surgery in the morning/early afternoon and was home by 1pm!  I had a lazy morning with the girls, got a good workout in before Devin showed up, and was ready to head out of the house once he was home.  Devin came in the door with a dozen, beautiful red roses!  He was home early, and with flowers!  Awesome!  We then took the girls to a little splash pad for a the afternoon, and it turned out to be so much fun!  They loved it, and got right in there...not afraid...and were soaking little munchkins in no time.  


















Once the girls were worn out, we headed to pick up a changing table we found on Craigslist (I love Craigslist!) and then to Denny's to pick up my FREE birthday meal...that we fed to the girls.  And then we headed to Chick-fil-a for Devin and I to eat dinner and the girls to play on the indoor playground.  It was like we were on a date...sitting right next to the glass windows that look into the playground...and the girls fully entertained.  It was great, and they didn't eat my fries :)

We came home, after dinner, and as soon as we got inside, our best friends (who live an hour north where we used to live) came to the door!  Sydney made me a homemade cake (decorated so cute), gourmet ice cream and a few bags of candy!  She knows me and my sweet tooth!  The 4 kids played, we all caught up after not seeing them for over a month while they were out of town due to Tom's June rotation and I got to open my presents in front of an audience.  Devin completely surprised me with the exact stroller that I have been scouring for on Craigslist (Did I mention how much I love Craigslist?) the past 2 months!!  I was blown away.  He knew I was looking for a new stroller, but I didn't think he knew the exact one, in the exact color.  He did his homework and looked through my history on my laptop. Smart man!  I am so thankful.  Between the changing table and the stroller, my birthday was the day I could check everything off my list as far as things I wanted to get before this baby comes.  Happy Birthday to me!  



We re-lit the candles for Emily, Hudson and Claire to each have a turn to blow them out.


It was a fabulous day!!

No comments: