Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Past Month...

...has been so busy!  I have had the best of intentions to update, but have just not had the time.  As of today, however, I have everything for Christmas finished!  Packages sent, cards mailed, gifts for my family bought.  I have spent hours and hours the past few weeks sitting at the sewing machine, and really have enjoyed putting in my headphones and listening to programs on the Mormon Channel.  I have been uplifted by the stories and inspiration that is presented in every program/episode.  I highly recommend the Enduring it Well series....no matter what religion you are, the experiences and insights shared from people who have gone through trying times are truly universal and relative to any human being.  Anyways, all of my pockets of time here and there the past month have been devoted to sewing, but now I am finished, and can upload a BUNCH of pictures for record keeping purposes.  

Thanksgiving morning.  

Our first Christmas decorations and first Christmas having our own tree.  We put it up pretty early, but have really enjoyed it!



Cute little Emily and her baby


Bath time pictures are always fun, right?


We started a new tradition this year with our Thankful Tree.  Emily really loved reminding me every night (as a stall technique before bed time) to do the Thankful Tree.  Each of us wrote something we were thankful for on a paper leaf, and Emily would tape them up to a branch.  


Little girls waving to dad as he leaves for work one Saturday that he got called in.  


Tom blessed baby Brielle on Dec. 1st, and we loved getting to sit with the glowing beauty in white.  (I guess I loved it a little too much as I couldn't help myself from taking pictures of her mom and dad holding her on her special day.  


And uncle Devin


Serious partners in crime



I thought Claire looked so old in this picture.


Sharing headphones and watching Daniel Tiger on the ipad.


We wanted to see the Wright's one last time before they headed home to Utah for the holidays, so we hung out with them all day and all night....didn't get home until 2am.  Talk about party animals!  Who says you can't still have fun once you have kids?!  They were troopers, and pooped out way before we left.  


And because Claire's hair is so tightly curled, I haven't realized how long it has gotten (for a baby) the past few months.  She can totally rock pigtails now!  And she likes looking at herself in the mirror.




1 comment:

melissa walker said...

I'm sorry we missed you when you were up for the blessing! Your girls get so much bigger every time I see them and your christmas decorations look fantastic!