With the time change, dusk now happens at 4:30pm!! We live right on the edge of the Eastern/Central time zone, and because we are on the very east side of the Central time zone, it gets dark SO EARLY. I have been feeling the winter blues coming on, ugh.
SO, I have been trying to spend as much time outside as possible, and today, I realized that our long walks and long play ground sessions are over until next year. BOO!
Playing in our backyard while Claire naps
She loves running across these stepping stones.
And she has been on a major apple kick lately (without the skins, of course)
Claire Bear and I have some one on one time together while Emily is at preschool
This happened today. The forecast for the next week is only getting colder and rainy and possibly snowy, so I was determined to spend the whole afternoon outside. I want to do what we did in the summer; go for a long walk and then stay at the playground for as long as the girls wanted. Well that didn't happen. We got all bundled up, and as I started out on the long walking route I wanted to do, I quickly made a turn to send us straight to the playground. It was COLD! We got to the playground and I unloaded the girls in front of their favorite music area at the park, and the next thing I know, Claire is bolting down the hill to the soccer fields, heading straight for the geese. There were SO many of them and the girls had a blast chasing, and eventually sending them up in flight. I got some good video footage!
We played on the playground for about 20 minutes afterwards, and that was enough. Emily said, "My hands are freezing mom!" I ran us home, made Emily some hot chocolate and Claire a warm bottle while reading them The Sword and the Stone" and they are happily sleeping in their cozy beds right now.
Fun memory made today :)

















No comments:
Post a Comment