This past Sunday, September 2nd, Devin gave our second little daughter a Father's Blessing at church. It was a beautiful blessing, and I am so grateful that I have a husband so faithful in his duty and responsibility as a father, as a Priesthood holder and as the head of our little family.
In our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) baptism occurs when children are 8 years old, not when they are babies. It is done this way so that a child can choose for him/herself to be baptized, and can understand the commitment he/she is making to follow Christ. It is customary for the father to give his baby a Name and Blessing, and Devin did just that on Sunday.
My sweet cousin, Amber, hand made this gorgeous dress for Emily's blessing, and it fit Claire perfectly too. I am so thankful to Amber for the extra special touches she added to this dress that really make it such a work of art. She spoils me!
And now for the pictures...
This one was taken right before I took Claire into the chapel. I had just changed her diaper and put her dress on, and she sweetly gave me this look.

In our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) baptism occurs when children are 8 years old, not when they are babies. It is done this way so that a child can choose for him/herself to be baptized, and can understand the commitment he/she is making to follow Christ. It is customary for the father to give his baby a Name and Blessing, and Devin did just that on Sunday.
My sweet cousin, Amber, hand made this gorgeous dress for Emily's blessing, and it fit Claire perfectly too. I am so thankful to Amber for the extra special touches she added to this dress that really make it such a work of art. She spoils me!
And now for the pictures...
This one was taken right before I took Claire into the chapel. I had just changed her diaper and put her dress on, and she sweetly gave me this look.

And we quickly got a few family pictures after Sacrament meeting before Sunday School started.
I never took pictures of just Emily in this dress, and regret it. I only have pictures of Devin and I holding her. So this time around I wanted to get some photos of just Claire in her first white dress.
She cooperated nicely.













No comments:
Post a Comment