Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Wonder Years

A few days ago my dad sent my two older brothers and me a few emails containing several pictures from when we were very little... before our mom passed away. All of these photos were originally slides, that my dad converted to digital. I have never seen some of these before, and it was so incredible to look through the 40+ photos, many featuring our mom. I was the youngest when she died, four years old, so my memories of her are very distant and almost non existent. I must have looked through all of the pictures 4 times that day...they are priceless! I did include a lot of them, but they are my favorites of all my dad sent. Obviously, the 2 boys are my brothers, Josh (oldest) and Matt (younger of the two)...and I'm the only baby girl pictured.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

Michele said...

Those are awesome pictures Jennie! I LOVE your blog. Thank you for sharing.

Laura said...

Gotta LOVE the clothes Josh is wearing in that last picture!

Kira said...

I take it back.. Emily is a spitting image of you when you were a kid!! What a priceless treasure to have those pictures!

Jennie said...

I know Kira...I think Emily looks just like how I looked when I was little.

Devin & Rebecca said...

You look so much like your beautiful mother Jennie! This is such a special gift for you to have from your childhood. And Emily does look so much like you! She's a mini you, with her Daddy's eyes :)

Marianne said...

This was a fabulous gift from your dad. It was almost like giving your mother a place in your life and in your memories through pictures. I loved tht you shared them. Thank you.