Monday, March 14, 2011

Started ...but never finished

Do you ever feel like you have so many good intentions, but then none of them actually come to fruition? Allow me to admit one of my BIGGEST weaknesses!

~*~

I have so many GREAT ideas come to my mind ways that I can expand and improve myself in the various roles I play: woman, wife, mother, daughter of God, chef, athlete, neighbor, etc. I can't tell you all of the projects, goals, and intentions that I have started...but never finished. I was thinking about this last night after reading my scriptures. It's amazing how much this weakness of mine reared its ugly head the more I read. No, reading the scriptures does not make me feel bad about myself, rather it sheds light on certain areas that need fine tuning. My goals/great ideas never need help in the setting and starting department....but desparately need assistance in the completion realm.

~*~

In an effort to jump start my unfinished mess of projects and goals, I am going to uncover the big ones that I really, Really, REALLY want to lift off the ground.

~*~

In no particular order:

~*~

1.

After graduating college almost 5 years ago, I bought 2 sign language books to help me learn the basics of sign language. I got through the first 2-3 chapters in 1 of those books and haven't touched them since. Learning sign language has always been a very distant (almost out of reach) goal for me. I bought the books to see if I would like the language enough to sign myself up for some classes. I WANT TO GO THROUGH THOSE BOOKS and learn the basics of sign lanuage!


2.

I have served in Young Women's at church, for over a year and a half, and have still not completed my Young Women 's Personal Progress. For those who do not know what Young Women's Personal Progress is... There are 8 values (Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice & Accountability, Good Works, Integrity, and Virtue) that the Young Women learn and emulate as they achieve and complete various assignments/projects/lessons pertaining to each value. Being a leader, I have the opportunity to complete my Personal Progress as well. I was never in Young Women's growing up, so this is a great opportunity for me to set an example for Emily. I know she will go through this same program, and I want to have completed my own if I am going to ask her to do the same. While I have a good chunk of this finished, it is not fully completed.


3.

I have never been a big reader. I have countless books that I've read 50 pages of, but couldn't tell you what happens in the end. There are 2 religious books, in particular, that I REALLY want to finish: Fishers of Men and Joseph Smith the Prophet.


4.

While I did sew Emily a blanket last year, her nursery is so far from being complete. I have fabric ordered and on its way to my front door, and Kira lent me her sewing machine while she is out of town for 2 months. I REALLY WANT to finish the sewing projects that I have on my list: curtains for Emily's room, kitchen, and if I'm really ambitious, our room...crib skirt for Emmie's room... a few dress patterns for Emmie... and a few home decor wall hanging tutorials that I've found online.


5.

There are 2 half marathons that I want to run this year. The first is May 7th, and I have a lot of training to do before then.


I think that's good for now, and plenty to keep me busy.

Here's to finishing what I've started!

CHEERS!

2 comments:

cait & darren mower said...

LOVE knowing others have half baked things going on too! i feel like everything i look at in our home, in my car, at school, etc is something i started and never finished!! :) sure do love you!

Megan said...

here i am commenting!! let me know if you get this! LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU ALREADY!!