Saturday, March 12, 2011

Babysitter's Club

Remember the Babysitter's Club books?

~*~





As I was getting ready last night, I was thinking back to my babysitting days in middle school and high school. I remember the families that I used to LOVE to babysit for, and then there were always a few that I tried to avoid. It was always so refreshing to go to a house that was clean, had well behaved kids, and a stocked pantry! I really want my family to be one that babysitters get excited about when I call. Here's to hoping!

~*~





Last night, Emily had her first babysitter (besides her grandparents) in our home. Meri-Kate was in my beehive class at church when we first moved here, and she is now in high school! I work with her mom in Young Women's, who is soon to have a baby girl in June. I thought I would give Meri-Kate a little practice for her baby sister on the way.

~*~

Of course, with this being the first time leaving Emily, I was a little anxiety ridden. Not because I didn't trust Meri-Kate, but because I was just hoping Emily would be a good baby, and follow her normal routine without a hiccup. And she did! She went down for bed right after we left, and didn't wake up once while we were gone.



So, what did we do with our night off from our parent duties?

We went to the Chicago Temple together for the first time since Emily was born.

It was nice to be alone, and felt good to be in the temple.


Thank you Meri-Kate for giving us a night off!

No comments: