Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Over the Weekend

Devin finished a hard week of classes, workshop, clinic, and tests last Friday. He really works SO HARD and has little time to "play" (aka: doing whatever he wants, just for himself). So when Friday evening rolled around, and with Devin not having a single test this week, we both knew it would be a fun weekend! Our fun has changed since Emily came. A lot more low key! Friday night we went for a little stroll around the park right next to our house, and then we ordered a pizza and watched a rented movie from the library (cause their FREE).
Emily and I go for lots of walks together (it's my therapy and gets me out of the house everyday) but Devin has yet to push the baby in the stroller. Devin LOVES Emily. I mean...he REALLY LOVES her! Everyday he comes through the door from school and B-lines it to Emmie. I have loved seeing the two of them together.




Saturday morning we loaded up Emmie and headed to the school so Devin could play some flag football. Because it rained the whole time, Emmie and I watched Devin from the car. I am so glad Devin got to play some football. His game definitely set the tone for the rest of the day. I think we watched 3 full college games, and parts of 3 others. Why is watching football SO FUN?! We love the fall...primarily because it's football season!

Devin is blocking for the QB (best action shot I could get from the car)
And here are few more pics of our baby...

This was before our walk this morning. Emmie LOVES going on walks with mom. She is so content as long as the stroller is moving.

4 comments:

Michelle and Laron said...

I had heard that you'd had your baby, but I'd never seen any pictures, so hurray for Blogs! She is adorable & I love that you call her "Emmie". Super cute. I also just read your birth story... Skyler's birth was pretty similar to that too (no epidural relief & LOVED pushing!), so it was fun to read yours. Congrats again on the new baby!

Andrea said...

Wow- She has the prettiest eyes!! Hurray for a fun weekend!

Design A-Peele said...

so sweet. she is one of the prettiest babies!

cait & darren mower said...

i love those pics! what a beautiful baby she is!