Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Recent Happenings

Wow...I just uploaded my pictures to my computer and realized how little I have documented in the past month. This post will serve as an update to all that has been going on the last week of November and first few weeks of December.
The wedding is coming along nicely. Last week I made a list of everything that needs to be done from now until the wedding, and it amazed me just how stinkin close it is! This week, then Christmas week next week, then the week before and of the wedding! Holy smokes! So over the weekend and yesterday (I took the day off work, and it was fabulous!) we ordered the tuxs, got our marriage license, worked on our wedding video for a few hours (it was fun picking out songs to incorporate with the pictures we're using), moved some furniture and kitchen stuff into our new place, and finalized the cake order! It feels good to get things checked off the laundry list I have. Just a few more weeks and then we get to enjoy all that we've been planning :)
This weekend the Tranter (me included) are going to Vegas for the BYU bowl game. They have done this for the past 3 years, and I have heard stories about it for as long as I've been with Devin, so I'm anxious to have my turn at the family tradition. I'll post pictures next week when we get back.

*************************************************************
Ok...so here goes the recap of the past few weeks:
AMBER HAD A BABY GIRL!! She was born on November 26th, and they named her Isabell. She is absolutely delightful. I saw her in the hospital the day she was born, and got the privilege to change a messy diaper. She and I bonded :)

**************************************************************
Since Amber was home recovering, Sadie asked me to come to her school and help her decorate her gingerbread house. The night before, I went to the store to buy all of the fixings: twizzlers, dots, hershey kisses, swedish fish, red hots, orange slices, m&m's, icing, and anything else sugary you can think of. It was fun to see Sadie in her 3rd grade element, and meet her friends. And it was incredibly fun to have an excuse to be a kid and go crazy on the gingerbread decorating! I loved it...thanks Sadie for the invite!

*************************************************************
Devin and I had a nice date night, by going to see the christmas lights at Temple Square. Though it was incredibly freezing (i'm still trying to figure out how I will make it through my wedding day on January 3rd without getting frost bite) the sights were so beautiful. We made our way to the front of the temple, and that's where Devin practically proposed to me again! My ring had been with the jeweler for about 7 weeks, and Devin had gotten from him the day before...he got down on one knee again and everything...a woman came up and asked if we had just gotten engaged, and we laughed really hard. We then made our way to a sports bar/restuarant to watch the Jazz game and de-thaw my toes and fingers :)

*************************************************************
Dave, Suzy, Devin, and I went to the Festival of Trees. I had never been to it before, but I will always try to go every year now that I know what I would be missing. I loved it! Hundreds of trees decorated in specific themes...and even better...the proceeds went to Primary Children's Hospital. What a great cause!


3 comments:

Design A-Peele said...

wonderful update. Glad things are coming along so well. We got the invitation. It was beautiful! and the picture went up on the fridge!

Maddy said...

Hi Jennie, this is Maddy Egbert Devin's cousin in law :) We just wanted to let you know that we got your invitation and we are so excited for you guys! My brother just happens to be getting sealed to his wife the exact same day and time down in Timpanogos, so Bryce and I will have to split up. I really wish I could have been there! We'll definitely be at the dinner. Good luck with the rest of the planning!!

cait & darren mower said...

looks like good times! you look way too good with that baby in your arms...look out! :). im going to be in vegas this weekend too, maybe i'll see ya there!